Adult onset marbles shooter

Hello all, 

I started shooting marbles during Covid at the age of 50 years.  I have become absolutely obsessed.  I have read dozens of books about marbles, built a 22’ x 10’ marble yard at the house, and have been playing several days a week.  We play all different types of games, but our clear favorites are rolley hole, Tennessee square, old bowler, and black snake.   In any case, I have read many of the posts on this website and am delighted to join the conversation with other marbles enthusiasts.  

• Like 1

"Welcome to Marble Connection Bill"   :wave2:

Post away would love to see your playing grounds and marbles !!

1 hour ago, Big Billy red beard said:

Hello all, 

I started shooting marbles during Covid at the age of 50 years.  I have become absolutely obsessed.  I have read dozens of books about marbles, built a 22’ x 10’ marble yard at the house, and have been playing several days a week.  We play all different types of games, but our clear favorites are rolley hole, Tennessee square, old bowler, and black snake.   In any case, I have read many of the posts on this website and am delighted to join the conversation with other marbles enthusiasts.  

Love to hear about people actually playing.  

I've practiced shooting a little, but my husband laughs at me.  Not because I'm good or bad.  But because it's so hard for me to pick a marble that I'm willing to chip.   

I have a small group though just for practicing.  

It’s sure looks like a fun game and it used to be vary popular for countless generations and then these things came along ..cellular hand phones 📱….and They internet 🤓 maybe if we keep pushing someone’s buttons in Russia 🏴‍☠️…just maybe they could put us back in those days again?? Just saying 🤷🏼

On 10/5/2023 at 9:51 PM, Steph said:

Love to hear about people actually playing.  

I've practiced shooting a little, but my husband laughs at me.  Not because I'm good or bad.  But because it's so hard for me to pick a marble that I'm willing to chip.   

I have a small group though just for practicing.  

No need to use your prized ones.  You get a whole mess of modern ones pretty cheaply.  The games are super fun.