A gallon of gas

Are you that person who tries to merge from the lane that’s closed and I’m 5 deep in the other lane ? If you are and I get the chance to block you in and make you sit there until someone else let’s you in. I’m on it. It’s no different then butting your way up in front of the line ! Anywhere!!! Don’t do that. If you wanted be ahead of me you should have left your house 5 minutes earlier 🔥

RAR

• 3 months later...
On 2/10/2024 at 12:39 AM, Fire1981 said:

Are you that person who tries to merge from the lane that’s closed and I’m 5 deep in the other lane ? If you are and I get the chance to block you in and make you sit there until someone else let’s you in. I’m on it. It’s no different then butting your way up in front of the line ! Anywhere!!! Don’t do that. If you wanted be ahead of me you should have left your house 5 minutes earlier 🔥

RAR

In Michigan last summer, there was a big public service campaign to get people to stop merging into the open lane before the construction barrier. It turns out that it is much safer and more efficient to use both lanes and then "zipper merge" once you reach the barrier, especially when traffic is heavy and backed-up.

• Confused 1

Here's a sign from CDOT.

It does seem counterintuitive but the evidence says it is safer and it improves traffic flow. It seems to be the new trend in construction zones.

https://www.codot.gov/travel/zippermerge

"In a Zipper Merge, please be respectful of those who wait to merge until just before the lane ends; they are doing it correctly."