Opal Marble ?

B-rett66

2 hours ago, B-rett66 said:

Hey Chad G. 
Here is a Cahokia point, and a soon to be Dovetail point (not finished yet) I made of fiber optic glass  

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

Ah, now I remember you posting the Crucifixes you knapped, for a moment I was gonna ask if you did the points on your own but mid sentence I remembered your other post, nice job Brett :thup:

• Thanks 1

This point comes from Baker NV. The local arrowhead expert in Ely NV said it predated the Native American local tribes.  He wanted it really bad. I was 12 and it was the first one I found. He got pissy with me and that wasn’t a good thing to do. Dad said “take it and get in the truck” I don’t know to this day what happened in there but my Dad came out with another arrowhead and said “now you have 2” 🔥

RAR

EE48B403-21CD-458B-8054-B0BB661D22A5.jpeg

81AE76B3-5FF0-4B4F-8633-024D0EB7C7EC.jpeg

• Like 1

Fire1981,

That’s super cool. That’s point is made of obsidian. It’s considered “Far West” section. California, Nevada, small part of Utah, small part of Idaho,Oregon and Washington. The pics I’ve sent are what this point may have started out looking like. Primitive man would reworked and resharpen point and blades until they were used up. 

IMG_9215.jpeg

IMG_9214.jpeg