What would you do

Is the question.  I realize All Marbles Matter, I really do but.....I have to believe we all have marbles we really just don't care all that much for, I do. But, one man's trash, anothers yadda yadda.

If you wound up with 200 of ONE (variations of course) marble you just don't really care for & don't believe it to be anything overly special (could be wrong, but I mean I have 200) do you break it up into lots of 50 or all at once?

3 hours ago, Pieces said:

Do you break it up into lots of 50 or all at once?

In my case, it would depend on the marbles and my goals. If the marbles were high value, I wanted to see every penny of their value, and I was in no hurry, I'd sell them individually. Otherwise, I'd sell them as lots.

I've come across several of your auction listings, and you seem to be doing quite well the past couple of months. As for the larger quantity of the same style mib, you could sell them any number of ways. Personally, I find smaller lots do better. Large bulk quantities seem to sell for less, as you're typically catering to another reseller, and more specifically, one who doesn't mind parting out the more common mibs, but they too have to make their money, so price is often less. However, if it's something you don't care for, or have too much of, then it may not matter much.

In the end, it depends on what type of marble, what quantity is offered, and the overall condition of the marbles in each lot. You can search completed listings and sold listings for groups similar to what you have, to get an idea of what is selling and what has actually sold, based on similar quantities and styles.

7 hours ago, Mibs said:

I've come across several of your auction listings, and you seem to be doing quite well the past couple of months.

Yes, that's part of my hesitation, I've got a touch of imposter syndrome over it. I normally don't do this well, it's like someone's watching over trying to help because my motives are sincere. About a year ago my dad (84) showed up at my door with a check for $5,000. I didn't ask for it but he knew I needed it & wouldn't take no for an answer. Within 6 months of that I heard him say he has no savings left & is living off his SS check. Dad's old school, will not ask for help from anyone, mom & dad both still alive & together, she's fine when it comes to money but doesn't share with him. So I decided right then I need to do this because the man that's always helped me needs help & I need to help him for once. 

So thank you for your advice on this, it's very much appreciated. 

Here are the mibs. Like I said, I know what they are, just didn't know how to sell a big group like this.

17097336811286216990219271197069.jpg

• Like 1

Great bundle of mibs. It's very kind of you to being helping your father. With regard to the mibs, I suppose it comes down to how much time you want to spend, and how much money you hope to make. In searching completed listings I didn't see any larger bulk lots of bumbles the size of what you have, so you definitely have something unique in that sense.

It's easy to get tripped up on how best to sell things in terms of bundling, price, etc. Try to pick a jumping off point and go from there. If you don't want to hassle with it too much, maybe list the entire lot for whatever price you're wanting. Or, test the waters with a couple smaller lots, and make changes as you go.

As an aside, I'm unsure if this forum has a members Sales and Trade section, but perhaps you will find members here who are interested. Additionally, AAM has a Buy Sell Trade section, so if you're a member there as well, you may want to look into it as a possible option. As a Best Practice, always read the respective forum and section rules of what is required, before starting a sales thread.

Apologies for the longwinded reply. Hope you make a mint...cheers!

The "Buy &  Sell" forum won't appear here to new members until you have a hundred posts, after which the forum link will become visible to you. This was done as a precautionary measure to protect all members.. AAM has buy sell & trade rules as well, I think their minimum post amt. is 25 ?? Here's a link to their rules "Good Luck" & thanks for posting your Ebay sales link  :)

AAM "Buy Sell, & Trade" LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7811

34 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

The "Buy &  Sell" forum won't appear here to new members until you have a hundred posts, after which the forum link will become visible to you. This was done as a precautionary measure to protect all members.. AAM has buy sell & trade rules as well, I think their minimum post amt. is 25 ?? Here's a link to their rules "Good Luck" & thanks for posting your Ebay sales link  :)

AAM "Buy Sell, & Trade" LINK ::  https://www.allaboutmarbles.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7811

Sorry! I really am not trying to sell here, another reason I was hesitant to share my link. Reading y'all talk about mibs throws me back to grandpa talking about mibs & I don't want to ruin that! I'm not calling anyone old, it appears mib talk transcends time!

4 hours ago, Pieces said:

Sorry! I really am not trying to sell here, another reason I was hesitant to share my link. Reading y'all talk about mibs throws me back to grandpa talking about mibs & I don't want to ruin that! I'm not calling anyone old, it appears mib talk transcends time!

Nothing to be sorry about, appreciate the Ebay link, you'll have a hundred posts before ya know it. We had to do the 100 post thing because of 1 or 2 shady characters, nothing on you  :)