All Akros? 5/8" to 11/16"

I found these in one of my Dad's marble stashes. I'm certain that the two tan marbles are Crows or close to it. The others have an Akro look about them. The cherry red shades are transparent (bad focus, but you get the point) to semi-transparent. The large red one (Upper-right) is translucent. The other colors vary from a bit translucent to opaque.

Whatcha think?

akros-right.jpg

akrobacklit1.jpg

akrobacklit2.jpg

• Like 2

Hard to tell in a photo, but that lower left plum-colored one might turn out to be a Master Cloudy.  Cloudys are harder to find and identify than Akros. 

Which marble did you backlight first?  with the bubbles ... 

13 hours ago, rockgardenplants said:

Whatcha think?

I think that you have a mix here—they may all be dug Akro.

I agree with @Steph that the darker red ones may be from Master—Master made vs Master Marble—early ones. They may also be throwaways from an Akro “Cornelian” run if there is any white involved, these are also semi translucent.

The other ones exhibit what I may call traits of Akro “Flinties”. The little eyes on the poles point me there. They should all be semi-translucent when backlit hard and even with a bright light.
The “Crow” thing is not evident—yet.

“Crows” were all dug marbles as far as my mind can go back with them. Some showed a “Crow” and many did not.
More images are needed of the cut-lines for sure.

Nice marbles—luv-em.
Marble—On!!

That's looking like a swirl.   I wouldn't call that Akro or Master.  Sometimes you just can't tell with these essentially solid-colored marbles. 

On 7/3/2024 at 11:11 AM, Steph said:

Sometimes you just can't tell with these essentially solid-colored marbles. 

I agree with Steph--if you backlight enough "Solids" or "Clearies" you will find a variety of things involved.

I always have said--"Backlight them all" and I still mean it.

I was lucky enough to get a bunch of dug Akro "Flinties" after this post started and I will say that most of yours line up quite nicely.

I have always thought that the "Akro Crows", which were all dug, were simply rejected "Flinties". I am closer to saying that this is truth now.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1