Flea market: brown and light tan

ScottH

On 7/12/2024 at 6:52 PM, ScottH said:

Another Ravenswood?

Yes--Ravenswood marbles are commonly associated with Brown and White or a variation—cream color.
The size makes a difference in these ID’s. 
Ravenswood made more 9/16” marbles than anyone else. Plenty of makers made colors similar to these. The streams of the glass and cutoffs also apply.
Cheese nailed this one!
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Yes--Ravenswood marbles are commonly associated with Brown and White or a variation—cream color.
The size makes a difference in these ID’s. 
Ravenswood made more 9/16” marbles than anyone else. Plenty of makers made colors similar to these. The streams of the glass and cutoffs also apply.
Cheese nailed this one!
Marble—On!!

Is there also an Alley like this?..tan base with this shade of brown…or are they all Ravenswood?  Who else made a tan base with brown that looks like it?

• Like 1

Alley and RW both made these. Some are very hard to tell which one made them. Your top 7 look like RW to me from the one image Josh. Bottom left is Alley I believe.

• Like 1
  • Award 1

The bottom two on the right may just be Champion.( I just like to throw in Champion once in awhile--I am far from a WVS expert:confused-smileys-17:)

When I see marbles like the top seven with bright white included, I think Ravenswood, size matters as well.

All makers used glass cullet (purchased from another glass maker) but Ravenswood used a lot of "recipe glass"--or glass made from scratch.

The bright white in these marbles is a good indicator of recipe glass.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

Ravenswood used batch glass in the first years, then Ravenswood closed down for a few years. It was re-opened and used cullet pretty much exclusively from that point on. 

• Like 1
  • Award 1