Sad News For Wv Marble People

wvrons

A friend Mary Hazelbaker passed away last week. She worked for Alley straight out of high school at the Pennsboro location,and lived in sight of the old marble plant all her life,watching it fall down.

Just got news that another good friend Mary Jane Wilson former owner of Playrite passed away yesterday. She had been in the hospital in ICU for a few days.

Both helped with the recent American Machine Made marble book and was 100% supporters of the WVMCC since its start. Both wanted people to have the information out to any collector anywhere. The list keeps growing of people now gone who was a big part of that book. Not many left.

Another sad day in WV marble history. I will miss them both.

Ron, it really stinks to be our age.... So many of those that we grew up looking up to are passing on and it's just devastating... (It's also a little scary to see that we are getting closer to being there!!)

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about stopping time... But, take heart in the knowledge that you have actually done what so many only talk about, by gathering all that you can from these people and saving it in a way that it can be utilized in the future. It's the best we can do to immortalize them. Losing them is so hard, but losing their knowledge would be tragic.

Thank you and all the others who were involved in making sure that these people and their knowledge can live on after they have been taken away.... I'm sure they are grateful to you, too.

This is very sad news. The Lord is our sheppard, his flock is coming home. Blessed we have been to have known them and to have them in our memories. Their memories brought us joy and knowledge, it fits that the work they did with the marble books has documented their being, as they left something for us before they left.

If anyone is offended I apologize, I believe in Christ and I thought a quick kind word to their memory was due.

Hey folks, life is not forever, we all grow old and leave this world. Please make time for our young and teach them your knowledge so that someday you'll be missed as deeply and remember as much. It's not what we have when we leave, yet what leave when we're gone. I hope I have made someones day and earned another day!

SNYD

If anyone is offended I apologize, I believe in Christ and I thought a quick kind word to their memory was due.

I am not a Christian. But, I see NO need to apologize. Your post is beautiful.... As any belief from the heart is!!

• 2 weeks later...