Alley, Alley, Oxen Free....

zaboo

Ernie, Dani!

Wow! This pic should go on the IAMC site in the new Marble ID pages we should have! We could call this new section "Worth Drooling Over." Then I would feel better about having to cover my keyboard with a washcloth.

Unfortunately, I am volunteering you for this task (where's Lee when you need him?) as I've no skills in this area. But I really, really like those Alleys. Great job, great pic. You guys are the best.

Roger Shelton

hey D & E, that's an awesome display!

i'm curious about these aqua-based ones...especially the three i've marked with arrows.

are any of them translucent?

Image1A.jpg

are any as translucent as this patch?

aqua_patch7a.jpgaqua_patch7b.jpg

aqua_patch8a.jpgaqua_patch8b.jpg

i have a couple of those on the left with the white/pink mixed in, too...never knew for sure if they were Alley.

thanks

(edit: and i agree about Roger's suggestion for the IAMC site-- get busy, Dani! LOL!)

i'll put it on the 'to-do' list roger! great suggestion. this week I am swamped with getting the newsletter done... maybe next week? but I sure could put a few pictures under Misc. if that would work for y'all. lol

hi paula, no those are opaque. the one is the mib charles had on a few months back... hmmm imagine that! we were all trying to figure out what it was at the time. in hand it was easier to ID. some of them have a little clear, but not where you can see thru them backlit.

~D

hi scott..

it is actually olly olly oxen free...

this si what I found out..

The exact origin of the phrase is unknown, but etymologists suspect it is a childish corruption of a phrase that would have made more sense in the Hide-and-seek context; such as "all ye, all ye, oxen free!", "all in free", "out’s in free", "all set free", "All ye all ye outs in free", "All ye, all ye, outs are free", or "All the, all the outs in free"; or possibly a corruption of the German "Alle, alle auch sind frei", (literally, "Everyone, everyone also is free").

I vote for the latter definition... right willie? LOL!

and thanks roger. I just grabbed some file stuff. and thanks for the idea!