Canicas?

Steph

I was looking for information about Canicas tequila when I ran across a mention of a film which appears to be about a marble champion. I would still like to know if those are actually marbles in the bottom of the Canicas bottle, but I thought the movie looked interesting too. ;)

A couple of reviews:

"Zurdo": Sueños infantiles para Salces, ahora en largometraje

El cineasta mexicano Carlos Salces debuta en el terreno del largometraje, tras varios premios internacionales con sus cortos "En el espejo del cielo" y "Las olas del tiempo", con "Zurdo", una historia entre la realidad y la fantasía siempre con protagonista infantil, esta vez un niño residente en el pueblo de Buenaventura al que todos consideran el mejor jugador de canicas del mundo.

Zurdo brings the concept of a square world seen through the eyes of a round ¨canica¨ sets the stage for a marvelous movie made both for kids and adults.

Set in an imaginary Mexican small town, and through he eyes of a young and innocent kid who has to play tough to survive in a tough reality, this movie is fantastic both in it's making and for the social message it carries.

When street games where the life of children and not techno, computer games......

Highly recommended for all the family.

zurdo05.jpg

ZurdoPoster.jpg

Sources:

movie photo album

Amazon.com

But ARE those marbles down there at the bottom of the bottle?

CanicasTequila.jpg

I bought the Zurdo movie a few years ago. There is a subtitled DVD available to buy, I think I got mine on eBay. It's a GREAT movie with a marble tournament as it's theme. The final climatic scene is between this kid and the champ from another town. Lot's of great marble shooting going on.

Craig

I bought the Zurdo movie a few years ago. There is a subtitled DVD available to buy, I think I got mine on eBay. It's a GREAT movie with a marble tournament as it's theme. The final climatic scene is between this kid and the champ from another town. Lot's of great marble shooting going on.

Craig

man, from the display art, I woulda thought it was a Zorro movie...