Can You Tell The Difference Between Akro Oxblood And Just Plain Dark Red?

to the answers:

kind of a trick question cause I said which ONE is not oxblood when actually 2 are not oxblood.

Right, the top right one is not oxblood and that is how I was originally taught how to determine if I had oxblood or not - take a pen light and shine it into the glass - if you can see into it - its not oxblood...but the best way is to get an oxblood in your hand and then compare - its hard to explain, even with photos.

Also the silver oxblood is right - and the top left is not oxblood - it is just a plain opaque red glass.

There are a few more on my blog to check out for fun - and you can leave comments there too if you wish -

I saw the post here about "who used oxblood" which is great information too....

Kewl! Trick question...lol

Sorry I cannot go to your blog..it's on Etsy, which is one of the websites that bounces me offline but I surely will try to remember to look at it when I go to the library.

Oxblood is such a fun and yet strange creature and you're right, you definitely have to experience the look of it in the various marbles.

Thanx and have a great day!

:-) Felicia

Kewl! Trick question...lol

Sorry I cannot go to your blog..it's on Etsy, which is one of the websites that bounces me offline but I surely will try to remember to look at it when I go to the library.

Oxblood is such a fun and yet strange creature and you're right, you definitely have to experience the look of it in the various marbles.

The blog is not on Etsy - just the marble sales are on Etsy - the blog is actually on blogspot.com

Hope you can visit sometime!

Ohhhhh...Duh on me...lol

Yes, I did visit and I enjoyed it. Loved the corkscrews and the MK oddities/rarities.

Now, your last "is it oxblood or not" has me pondering..not to mention something about that top right in this post.

I will begin a new thread on that.

to the answers:

kind of a trick question cause I said which ONE is not oxblood when actually 2 are not oxblood.

Right, the top right one is not oxblood and that is how I was originally taught how to determine if I had oxblood or not - take a pen light and shine it into the glass - if you can see into it - its not oxblood...but the best way is to get an oxblood in your hand and then compare - its hard to explain, even with photos.

Also the silver oxblood is right - and the top left is not oxblood - it is just a plain opaque red glass.

There are a few more on my blog to check out for fun - and you can leave comments there too if you wish -

I saw the post here about "who used oxblood" which is great information too....

Darlin, none of them are oxblood. do you know what real blood looks like? its very dark red and looks like its got black streaked through it. those are lno where near dark enough. Marie

once you've seen the real oxblood you'll understand and never forget.

Ohhhhh...Duh on me...lol

Yes, I did visit and I enjoyed it. Loved the corkscrews and the MK oddities/rarities.

Now, your last "is it oxblood or not" has me pondering..not to mention something about that top right in this post.

I will begin a new thread on that.

yeah that yo - yo bumblebee is hilarious! - talk about a double ingot!

Thanks for visiting!

Darlin, none of them are oxblood. do you know what real blood looks like? its very dark red and looks like its got black streaked through it. those are lno where near dark enough. Marie

once you've seen the real oxblood you'll understand and never forget.

:blink:

any help here?

As discussed in another thread, various makers had their 'form/type' of oxblood.

I, personally, believe the bottom is an oxblood.

Have a great day!

Right - problem being when I was newbie - I was sold the other 2 as Akro "Oxbloods" and bought them on that premise - until I learned better - which is what I believe Steph is trying to protect from happening to future new collectors.....all I can say to that is "good luck"!

Right - problem being when I was newbie - I was sold the other 2 as Akro "Oxbloods" and bought them on that premise - until I learned better - which is what I believe Steph is trying to protect from happening to future new collectors.....all I can say to that is "good luck"!

Bill, that happens to newbies. told ya that none of them were oxblood. i learned from the best, Marblealan.

Marie