Peltier Game Marbles

Steph

well I must have a few game marbles but these all were found together and since they were so different I keep them in a cabinet .

''

opalescent?

''

Eopalescent%201.JPG..Eopalescent%202.JPG

Eopalescent%203.JPG..Eopalescent%204.JPG

Eopalescent%205.JPG..Eopalescent%206.JPG

There 5/8 marbles I thought at first they were fron a Jewel fisher tray but there to small for the trays. I tried to get the shade of these as they are very different . Mike

Ooh, very pretty Mike, and thanks for the clarification, Craig.

Thanks Al, those greens look as if they could be a little translucent ...

Are those old stock, Charles? neat stuff.

Thanks everyone! If I find the box which I thought contained something really opal-ly sounding, I'll post that. Right now I just have a foggy sense that I oughta be able to find it. I don't know where though. oh well, I'll find it or I won't.

I have a 100 count (red) box of Peltier game marbles that has all the colors. I am pretty sure that the original retailer mixed all colors of 100 count Peltier boxes to make game sets, because of the consistency of color and swirling in the marbles, and because I compared the colors with other boxes I encountered at shows.

I would not call them opalescent. They are kind of off-color. I can get light through the green ones but they are still on the opaque side of translucent. The rest are more opaque than green.

They have distintive colors, and most all of them have an flattened S shaped cut mark which is filled with clear(er) glass. I might be able to provide pictures later.

Well I think there not Akro Flinties as they have no grange glow . If any thing they would be Vitro Jewel's ?? but what ever I have only a few . Mike

MVC-804E.JPG

EGame1E.JPG..EGame%202E.JPG

WHERE 's WALADO ??? I put the eight in the tray !!!

game%207S.JPG.

Mike, those are Akro Flinties. They are found in the 150 and 200 tins.

The Peltier game marbles have never been opalescent that I have seen.

Craig

It's possible that this is what I was remembering. I sorta thought I should be looking for something a little more recent, with more colors, but maybe this is it. I'm told these are not Pelt either, but maybe that's what I was fuzzily trying to recapture.

post-279-1182200096.jpg

p.s., I have one mib which looks like these. Mine is handgathered and brilliantly fluorescent. and almost transparently opalescent.