Jump to content

Master Question

Recommended Posts

These are from a Master box which sold on ebay awhile ago. What do you call this style of marble?

Patch, Sunburst, later Sunburst, something else, or nothing except "Master"?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm intrigued there are a couple which might look like Vits. I've noticed that in other Master packaging - mibs which in a standalone ID would likely be called Vit.

I believed them to be Master but they sure made me do a double take.

I went through about 500 Masters recently making notes on them. That was an adventure. The mibs had been pre-id-ed as Masters by people at shows and so forth. I was only making notes on particular style names within the Master line. On several I had to say something like, "If indeed this is Master, it seems the style name would be Sunburst." Because in a standalone ID with just that marble and no source given, I wouldn't want to have been the one ID-ing the maker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe Mordiskul is correct.

Without having them in hand, I can not say with ANY certainty, however, at this time I would not bet against a Vitro (or 3) in that lot.

Here's a hint, anything in this style that is stringy purple.

Bet on Vitro.

Master's in that stringy purple tend to have lots more color than just the purple & clear.

Then again, they are all JUST marbles. Does it really matter WHO made them?

Let's just enjoy the marbles.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...