Made In Mexico. Opinions?

Steph

Yeah, got three of these boxes in the mail yesterday. Seller says they are 1950's. No reason to doubt it, the box construction, inserts, etc. all look old. Possibly early Vacor sets. I am checking with Kathy Runyan. She has visited Vacor and has seen there really early stuff.

I have attempted to find out what the ICSA is in the logo. Thought it might have been a grocery or dept. store chain. No luck yet.

One this is sure, they are really cool!

Craig

My Spanish is non-existent but in early(1992) letters I've rec'd from Vacor their heading would state VACOR DE MEXICO S.A. DE C.V. So ICSA is definitely not the name of a grocery chain but what I'm not sure. And as for 'C.V.' I'm sure it isn't curriculum vitae in this case. I'm thinking that with Pete's long association w/Vacor via Mega Marbles he might have a clue. I'm sure it's something simple that will wind up having everyone saying, "Duh!" David Chamberlain

Cool Craig. Thanks. It would be interesting to hear what Kathy thinks.

David, here's what google gives about S.A. De C.V.:

S.A de C.V. definition - finance

A designation used in Mexico to indicate a corporation. It stands for Sociedad Anonima de Capital Variable, which is the most formal business structure in Mexico. An S.A de C.V. must consist of at least two shareholders, with no limit on the maximum number, and a minimum capital contribution.

(
source
)

And another site gives a quick translation as "Variable Capital Company"