Peltier First And Second Runs?

MrsMopar

The first run was made Jan 9 02 and the second run was made on May 2 02. I have a marble from the second run listed on Ebay now.

Charles

the2cees

I can't get the link to work for some reason

That's the one I came across! It's eye-catching and gorgeous!

Thanx Mike. Those are fabulous!

So each of these runs were a one day thing right? Something like how the Nova was done? (This is so kewl!)

Thanx everyone for the input.

:-) Felicia

Nice sets of these marbles can still be obtained from Gino Biffany in Ottawa, IL. There couldn't be a nicer guy to deal with. I like to kid him by referring to these particular marbles as multi-vaned cat's-eyes but they do fully fit the requirements. Regardless they are gorgeous and a fantastic last gasp run at Peltier. David

I can see the cat's eye looking ones.

The one in the mentioned auction, has this fantastic 'burst' look about it...it just flows outwards from the seams and the colors are just so right together.

Thank you David, it's nice to know there's some still out there and available.

At that time, Boyce was trying to find new markets for Peltier, and we had started making glass tile. He was working on making all of the colors compatible, so the tiles could be used in fused glass projects, and he also very much wanted to make multi-colored marbles. He had most of the colors worked out, but the yellow and red were still a little off. We had bins full of one inch square tiles, and one night, the batch man jumped the gun, and made the second run marbles, just as the first run marbles were made. Scoops of one inch tiles were scattered at the far end of the tank onto a bed of molten clear glass, white, green, blue, red, and then yellow. The tiles melted on the surface and stretched out into long, thin lines, and at the discharge end, they sank down through the clear, and came out a one-hole funnel, to be cut into gobs, and fed to the rollers.

Thanx Mike. Although I've never had the pleasure of seeing marbles made, your description kind of makes it a 'being there' experience.

Is Peltier Glass still open? And, did y'all ever get that yellow and red glass to work out?

Peltier is still open, last I heard, and making glass tile for Crossville (?) Tile Company.

At the end of 2002, Peltier went on strike, and Boyce was blamed for it, and his financial partners kicked him out. Boyce was the only one who cared about marbles and Peltier history, so that was the end for us.

Wow Mike, that's so sad.

I was wondering why the name Boyce seemed so familiar and there it was in the Jabo book under the Peltier Mansion run. So it's good to see that he did get to do something involving marbles after these Peltier 1st and 2nd run marbles were done.

I guess if you have a love and passion for something, like making beautiful marbles, somehow, some way, something good will come along for you. There are still many people who appreciate the work put into these and the folks who frequent this forum are a testament to that.