Master Glass No. 13 Boxes

Alright Steph, we need your research help on finding age of these boxes. I recenlty got these 2 MASTER GLASS (not Master Made) boxes and we are wondering age. Tried to research through Dudley Sims on one box who was extremely involved in Lions Club (rose to International President of Organization in 1958). Saw him noted as a 2nd VP of Lions Club in 1957. But could find no more on Lions Club affiliation. Dudley Sims lived from 1908 to 1983 and was owner of a dry goods (fabrics) store that was incorporated later "Piece Goods Shop Inc". Couldn't find much about Charlie Reimann. Maybe you can take further, this style box was sold in 1930s to 1941 under Master Made name and probably for a while under Master Glass ownership. Marbles in boxes are a later style of sunburst types than some of the #13 Master Made boxes I have.

Don

MasterGlassAdBoxesFront.JPG

MasterGlassAdBack.JPG

It's looking like the box was used longer than suspected.

Simms won his office in 1955 and Riemann in 1956. I posted a couple of articles over at Marble Mental. (sorry if I wasn't recognizable as "twinrivers". . . . That's supposedly a Wisconsin marbles reference. :))

It's looking like the box was used longer than suspected.

Simms won his office in 1955 and Riemann in 1956. I posted a couple of articles over at Marble Mental. (sorry if I wasn't recognizable as "twinrivers". . . . That's supposedly a Wisconsin marbles reference. :) )

I worry when I see pristine boxes like these. Especially when they are way out of their use period. (By the way, the company number for this box is 130, but 13 is on the box, and almost everyone who knows MMCO calls it their No. 13 box.)

I have heard that these boxes were reproed. I've never seen one, but I was told they are easy to identify because they are white on the inside. Are these white on the inside by any chance?

Another thing bothering me about these is their color. It should be orange, not red as I see here. But color on computer monitors is notorious for not being correct.

Some of these original boxes had a Popsicle ad on the back. This ad was described in the June issue 1936 as MMCO having made half a mullion boxes for Popsicle Co. this year (1936). Coincidentally, the article is on page 36. This dates the originals for you.

Sorry, my mistake. Forget what I said above. I was talking about the Master Marble Company box. This is the Master Glass Compny version. My comments about the white inside may not apply here. Clinton Israel owned Master Glass company until the early 1970s. He might easily have put these into circulation at the time specified.