Question About A Cac Flame

leroy65

Today in the mail I received a single marble to recondition. It is a CAC flame. I was sitting on my deck and the sun was shinning brightly through the lattice overhead right onto the marble and man, woman and child I want to tell you it is loaded with aventurine and is three colored. Have any of you ever run across a CAC flame with aventurine. This is the first one that I have seen. I emailed the owner telling him what he has and he was very surprised. I suggested that we not grind on it to remove the small slab or pinpricks as it would most likely remove the aventurine. He and I decided to take this marble to a higher court (a marble guru) for positive id and recommendation. So, if anyone has seen any CAC flames with aventurine, please post about them Thanks and Later----Leroy----

Hi Leroy,

I was sorry to read about the problems with collecting what is owed to you for your work. Public shame probably won't work on this man, judging from what others have said about him. To answer your question, I haven't seen aventurine in any CACs, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist since my collection is rather modest.

I can't say that I look for adventurine in my CA's but maybe I will.

I did see a CA that was loaded with adventurine one time. It was at New Philly and belonged to an advanced collector who was quite proud of it. It had so much adventurine that the surface was grainy in appearance even though it felt smooth. The marble was almost all black and not very appealing to my eye, at least.

........... another chapter in Arnold Fiedler's chemistry book.

kokoken, I handed this marble to my son a little while ago and his first comment was that it's dull. It is dull but that's because of the aventurine. I also just discovered that it glows under a black light, but only part of the marble. It's a nice marble. Thanks to you folks for your posts and support. ----Leroy----