Jabo Joker

Hey! It has been forever since I posted....like several years...oh well. I found some marbles packaged in boxes labeled as Jabo Jokers Experimental 2008. These marbles have oxblood and aventurine in them. I was wondering how common/rare these are. I will try and upload pics later but these rival some of my best peltiers... Any idea on price? I think I got a steal but would like to know more. Found them on the world's longest yardsale....along with about 12 new pieces of akroware...it was a good two days.

Brandy

David, since your comment could mean several different things, I would be very interested in knowing your intention.

Please share what you really think. Could your comment be construed as positive, negative, or neutral? Maybe Brandy would like to know. Thanks for your help. Burt

hmmmm ... wondering too.... brandy, but the jokers were just 1 group that had marbles made in 08 .. and 09. at the jabo plant in ohio. long-long story to this. and my finger wouldn't last. but, ALL the groups came away with highly collectiable marbles. ALL the groups. alot of info. out there now to clarify your thoughts. and very collectable marbles to be had. and at reasonable prices. i was involved in the tribute runs, although i'm a vintage collector, i enjoyed all that i experienced and the folks involved in all the runs. once in a lifetime thing. bill

Just being generally elliptical! I have considerable favorites amongst the Joker I, II and III Experimental Runs as well as decent qty. and examples from over 16 Experimental Runs in 2008 and 2009. I'm only somewhat shy about the twists and turns that these Experimental discussions can take therefore I was basically demurring(read Gun Shy), yet I couldn't keep my 'big mouth' shut. David

Joker run marbles can be had at most shows for $2-3 each if you buy several. They were made in very large quantities and judging from what I have seen - there are people with many, many thousands put away.

Alan, would those "many, many thousands" be mint?

Burt

I have been through three piles of roughly 2,500 marbles and all of them were mint. I consider that sample and those amounts to be a miniscule representation of the overall production amount. I know that there are problem marbles that come out of every production - but given that production numbers for a run are said to be >250,000 - 300,000 - there would seem to be room to sort and dispose of problem marbles. And since there are contemporary glass workers that use problem marbles from these runs for their work - there is a good channel for less than mint/round mistakes.

I have found the same condition circumstances in the three Experimental Runs where I was an Investor. The actual approximate quantities per Experimental Run were more along the lines of 90,000 to 150,000. This has been attested to in the books pertaining to these runs and by the individuals at the various runs fairly accurately based on boxed quantities of the 3/4" marbles. Davod

Seems to me,that either 90,000 or 300,000,are very insignificant numbers,when compared to the production numbers from what are considered vintage,marble manufacturers.

I think the illusion of the experimental runs at jabo,being "mass" produced,is created by current,availability,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Those problem marbles and leftover cullet,make for some awsome tops,compliments of Andy Davis!

Griff