Shooter With Popeye Colors And Mossy Type Base ?

This guy here is at 7/8 in size, and looks to have a Mossy type base, how common are these ? it's kind of cool with the eye-lashing going on that is ghost like !!

Akroshootermossytypebase1.jpgAkroshootermossytypebase2.jpg

Akroshootermossytypebase3.jpgAkroshootermossytypebase.jpg

Well i guess there not to uncommon i just found another one at 15/16 lol, good pic on the seams though, and the eye lashing occurred on this one to.

Akro1shootermossyt1ypebase.jpgAkro1shootermossytypebase1.jpg

Akro1shootermossytypebase2.jpgAkro1shootermossytypebase.jpg

hey Kevin,,, the top one is fairly common in the later boxes, where the bottom one is in the earlier boxes. the bottom type I have sold in the 10.00 range, some more, if they had oxblood and more than 3 colors. so if that helps with Steph's timeline?

it's funny you would post these as I just finished working with a picture of a similar akro patch that has a peach/wine with blue and green! lol

What Dani said. :-) And yes, your later observations about the base came through in your pix.

I estimate the top is from the 1940's. The bottom from the 1930's.

The top is a tri-color agate type. The bottom is a moss agate type.

Why am i not surprised Dani :P and thanks to you and Steph both for giving me a bit of info, i actually saw these two and thought cool the same kind of mib, but they really are different and the base is what really separates the two IMHO they would be very close if the colors where surfacing more on the bottom mib.

P.S Steph if you ever need to use my pics for any examples please feel free...

The last big dig at the dance studio produced good numbers of these older style ones. Down about the 10-15 ft. deep range. Mibcapper(Bill) avaitar picture was a good location or hole for many of these. Bill probably has some under his feet and in his bucket along with all the mud. I still have a few with mud attached.