Adventurine

Here are some pics of aventurine (group one is Dani's from May 2008 and Golden Rebel is Patry's). Green, IMHO, is the most common aventurine in cat's-eyes. Otherwise the sparkly aventurine in black is common in other types, especially Peltiers. People use terms, red, black, green, yellow, etc. aventurine. That is just the color where the 'sparkly' shows up. Aneturine, in more of a metallic form, shows up sometimes like 'dirt streak' on the white in some marbles and MK is one type where that happens. By the way, there is no 'd' in aventurine, although we all know what it means either way.

post-60-125313135423_thumb.jpg

post-60-125313155252_thumb.jpg

post-60-125313158025_thumb.jpg

post-60-125313166482_thumb.jpg

post-60-125313174499_thumb.jpg

Here are some pics of aventurine (group one is Dani's from May 2008 and Golden Rebel is Patry's). Green, IMHO, is the most common aventurine in cat's-eyes. Otherwise the sparkly aventurine in black is common in other types, especially Peltiers. People use terms, red, black, green, yellow, etc. aventurine. That is just the color where the 'sparkly' shows up. Aneturine, in more of a metallic form, shows up sometimes like 'dirt streak' on the white in some marbles and MK is one type where that happens. By the way, there is no 'd' in aventurine, although we all know what it means either way.

thanks for the info marboman & semdot and thank you al for the photos and info. i think i understand a little more now but i also think it might be more trouble looking for it than it is worth. thanks again, jack

it might be more trouble looking for it than it is worth.

That may be the case for those marbles that don't have enough to notice...

But, when you find one that's loaded, you'll understand and change your mind.

And, it won't be any trouble at all to find it... :D

. . . when you find one that's loaded, you'll understand and change your mind.

And, it won't be any trouble at all to find it... :D

You're right - I have one old Japanese cat's-eye (cross-through) where one of the vanes (which are relatively small in comparison to similar ones I have) is covered with aventurine to a shocking degree. Certainly not up to the level of the recent special run Jabos, but pretty dang close -- almost like green glitter. Only one I've ever seen quite like that.

Ann