Sistersville Show

no rain today---no rain friday...rain saturday in the early mornin...prob stops around 10 am or so...be a good afternoon of marblin...then saturday night itll prob rain again...sunday same scenario...dont let a little wet streets keep yaall away...the weather will be just fine...remember-- its september in the ohio valley....they can call for rain in parkersburgh and nary a drop in new martinsville...

http://www.wunderground.com/US/WV/Sistersville.html

Hi Folks!

Not really replying to anything. I live in Pittsburgh and just got home from the Sistersville show. I have not been to a show for a number of years. I loved it! People gave me stuff, I bought some stuff, I traded for stuff, got some education, people told me what I had has was or was not, my wife came and it did not rain while I was there. I saw people that I like, people I have not seen for 6-10 years. Bud came from Washington state. People had great stuff....old, new, modern & made by Eddie as you watch. I bought a bunch of Jabo. Some folks don't like them and say they are crap! I picked up a little bag of four for a dollar "tank wash." I had to buy about 75 of them as I thought that in 60-80 years that the 5-8 colored little things (some with Jabo Oxblood)ought to bring as much as an exotic sand-layered Christensen. I thought maybe my great, great grandchild might use them to pay for college. I like the "Lawn Chair" metallic's too. They have a variety of LawnChair marbles for sale. They have them with extra colors, different sizes and Jabo Oxblood in them. You folks that do not like Jabo should all pass on this mass produced crap and kick your self in the butt in a few years for not understanding capitalism. Just my opinion and mini-review of the show from my perpective.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Folks!

Not really replying to anything. I live in Pittsburgh and just got home from the Sistersville show. I have not been to a show for a number of years. I loved it! People gave me stuff, I bought some stuff, I traded for stuff, got some education, people told me what I had has was or was not, my wife came and it did not rain while I was there. I saw people that I like, people I have not seen for 6-10 years. Bud came from Washington state. People had great stuff....old, new, modern & made by Eddie as you watch. I bought a bunch of Jabo. Some folks don't like them and say they are crap! I picked up a little bag of four for a dollar "tank wash." I had to buy about 75 of them as I thought that in 60-80 years that the 5-8 colored little things (some with Jabo Oxblood)ought to bring as much as an exotic sand-layered Christensen. I thought maybe my great, great grandchild might use them to pay for college. I like the "Lawn Chair" metallic's too. They have a variety of LawnChair marbles for sale. They have them with extra colors, different sizes and Jabo Oxblood in them. You folks that do not like Jabo should all pass on this mass produced crap and kick your self in the butt in a few years for not understanding capitalism. Just my opinion and mini-review of the show from my perpective.

Thanks,

Mike

That's fine buy what you like. Plus you are helping the seller. Hope your great grand-child makes it to college. I see a local communtiy college in their future.

I might add that I bought an Alley with blue in clear for $15 from a digger. Some other guys told me it was a Champion and after seeing other examples in quantity believe they are right. I really do not care one way or the other as it is nice and I liked it. The tank wash was a little cheaper at 4 for a dollar and have many more colors and they should do well in ten years or so.

What about the guy that purchased a few cases (25 pound boxes of 5/8" marbles) containing approximately 2,500 of the "Tie Dyes" for $12-$20 a box. If he is still sitting on a few cases after only 10 years....you do the math. They bring $2.00 or more each.

Thats it and I am done for another few months. I would rather read a good fight than get into one.

Mike

WOW!!! The Jabos are very nice to look at. But as for a future investment........I could only speculate..........IMHO........they will NEVER be worth what CACs or the other older companies marbles are worth. Just because of numbers.Supply and demand. If there is plenty to go round they are not worth as much as the hard to find.