Marbles At Mibauctions

bubba1

i listed some marbles over at MibAuctions.com tonight. trying whatever i can to get away from those ebay fees. if you see something you like please feel free to MAKE AN OFFER!!! i'd like to be able to move all my selling over here, but sadly i just don't get near the exposure.

http://www.mibauctions.com/other_items.php?owner_id=100048

i listed some marbles over at MibAuctions.com tonight. trying whatever i can to get away from those ebay fees. if see something you like please feel free to MAKE AN OFFER!!! i'd like to be able to move all my selling over here, but sadly i just don't get near the exposure.

http://www.mibauctions.com/other_items.php?owner_id=100048

Unfortunately, I am going to be closing the Mibauctions.com website down soon. It was an experiment to see if sellers that complained endlessly about eBay fees would actually switch if they had an option, a 100% FREE option by the way. Turns out not to be the case. Oh well, we tried. Thanks to those sellers that gave it a go.

Craig

I still can not figure out why there is not a ton of marbles listed as I have sold some and have sold even more once the door has been opened . I think every one should list there as there are so many collectors out there . PLEASE every one should try it I did and it works GREAT . Mike

Unfortunately, I am going to be closing the Mibauctions.com website down soon. It was an experiment to see if sellers that complained endlessly about eBay fees would actually switch if they had an option, a 100% FREE option by the way. Turns out not to be the case. Oh well, we tried. Thanks to those sellers that gave it a go.

Craig

That is sad to hear... I just registered there today, and was planning on posting some Mibs... Today is the first time I've heard about Mibauctions...

I'm mad.gif and sad.gif and want toevil-grin-smileys-111.gif...

Craig,

i certainly understand your frustration. i just don't know how we could get the ebay BUYERS to come on over. i took a break from selling marbles (ebay or anywhere) and have just started back up in the last couple months. i posted quite a few auctions at your site in the beginning but i think i only sold 2 marbles. the same auctions (i usually just copied and pasted) put on ebay nearly always sold.

it's that exposure i mentioned earlier. i had mentioned MibAuctions.com in my Ebay listings, but you can imagine how that went over!! i personally think buyers are crazy if they don't stop by because there is some SUPER deals to be had (no competition) and usually some pretty nice upper end marbles to look at and at least wish (i sure would like that red patch Pelt "Kayo").

very sorry that this didn't work out!!

d

Craig,

i certainly understand your frustration. i just don't know how we could get the ebay BUYERS to come on over. i took a break from selling marbles (ebay or anywhere) and have just started back up in the last couple months. i posted quite a few auctions at your site in the beginning but i think i only sold 2 marbles. the same auctions (i usually just copied and pasted) put on ebay nearly always sold.

it's that exposure i mentioned earlier. i had mentioned MibAuctions.com in my Ebay listings, but you can imagine how that went over!! i personally think buyers are crazy if they don't stop by because there is some SUPER deals to be had (no competition) and usually some pretty nice upper end marbles to look at and at least wish (i sure would like that red patch Pelt "Kayo").

very sorry that this didn't work out!!

d

I totally agree with bubba... If it's not to late, what can we do to get the word out about Mibauctions??? I'll help any way I can...

Here's what we can do!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160365912116&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Then all of your auctions will be there. Change it to marbles for friends/collectors. I know we have our low lifes that will turn this in! Take "auctions" out of it or even call it a gallery! Then I believe we can all add a link! Thanks Mike

Craig

Well wouldn't it work? If we all pitched in and put listings on both sides! Don't quit yet! I will list and many will... Give it time!Other poeples ideas are needed as well! Come on people share a better idea or something!

okay! i made a sale....let's keep it going! don't be shy in MAKING AN OFFER, i love to say SOLD!!!

also i've been putting the link in all my emails when i let people know their marbles are being shipped (from ebay).

i'd love to see more auctions posted too....get some MK's up (i can never help myself!!).

d

I hadnt hear off the site till this thread came up.

Sorry to hear its not working out for you.Hardest part,my guess is in the getting the word out? Just cant compete with the big dogs like Feebay.

Good luck in the future we need more options

okay guys--seeing a bit more action!! i've gone through and revamped all the pricing on my auctions to hopefully generate a little more interest! i've dropped the goofy high start prices and just used a reserve (which are certainly not set in stone). not sure what i was thinkin' before.

anyway, stop by and take another peek: http://www.mibauctions.com/other_items.php?owner_id=100048

Hey Craig, it would be a no-brainer to imagine that exposure is the issue here...

This is just the sort of "spurt" exposure that the site needs on a regular basis, in order to make it worth running, at least until it becomes a habit for buyers to look...

Sellers... Give Craig a break from constant promotion (Which is a lot more grueling than it sounds) and promote auctions, through links EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU LIST!!!

I'm confident that Lou would support me in saying, your links are welcome here. Promoting this sort of thing is one of the most productive purposes these boards can have...

Mike!! (mmuehlba) You have a contemporary marble with an incorrect maker's name... It's by Mike Petura, not Pentra...

I don't want to be morbid here, but we all know that when a maker stops making marbles, folks who don't have them suddenly realize that the supply may be tougher to get and snap them up. This may be one of those cases....

I don't know what's up with Mike (Does anyone??? Carl?? Marie??) I've contacted some folks who know Mike and they haven't heard from him.... I'm very worried. I've known Mike a long time and I care a lot about him... The last I heard, he had complications from his (cancer) illness. I can't seem to get an update....

Mike!! (manddrakes) Be very, very careful... There are problems with what your doing there... I don't wanna see you in trouble. Read up in guidelines.. ;)

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :ph34r:

Yeah..... I haven't scoured the ebay rules lately... It just pisses me off!!! LOL

But, the last I knew... The use of links in an auction had a ruling something to the effect of....

Any link in an auction had to be directly related to the auction itself... You may have a link to an unrelated site in your "Me" page.... However, I think that only applied to links that were not.... in any way... for profit...

This may have changed... And, as far as I know, it's only a problem if you get reported (They still seems to depend on that)

• 2 weeks later...