V In Marble

maybe someone could give me some advice. i am now trying to collect vitro's and get away from cat's for a while. just about every marble i post as vitro's end up something else. i had heard that all vitro's have some kind of a styl'ize V on the marble and maybe by looking at a few pics of mine you could let me know if i am on the right track.the top marble is pretty obvious but the rest ???. thanks, jack

post-1692-125575547656_thumb.jpg

if you look for the "v" youll miss out on a lot of marbles...whoever told you that was misinformed....while many conquers display the "v", not all do....some other styles have em but its an anomily...lotsa people collect them....lotsa jabo marbles have the trait and some have kinda a corkscrew...get ya an american machine made marbles book by six metzler and johnson....its most helpful...of the four marbles you posted the top one is a vitro....the others...jabo...

if you look for the "v" youll miss out on a lot of marbles...whoever told you that was misinformed....while many conquers display the "v", not all do....some other styles have em but its an anomily...lotsa people collect them....lotsa jabo marbles have the trait and some have kinda a corkscrew...get ya an american machine made marbles book by six metzler and johnson....its most helpful...of the four marbles you posted the top one is a vitro....the others...jabo...

thanks duffy, never even thought about getting a book. i'll start looking for one today....jack

Most Vitros do not have a "V". They come in many different styles.

Learn the basics from this post by sissydear. It has tons of pictures and information about Vitros. I don't know if there is a book that has more.

http://marbleconnection.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8597&st=0&p=74528&hl=vitro%20thread&fromsearch=1entry74528

nice site but i didn't see a lot that looked like mine. i can see right now, it will be easier to just collect marbles lol. thanks, jack

post-1692-1255915163_thumb.jpg