Sad News - Bob Vayder

docmarble

Bob Vayder passed away Tuesday November 17th after a 4 year battle with cancer. Bob was a founding member and long time President of the Mid-West Marble Club. Many of you will remember Bob as mainstay at the Amana show for many many years. You always knew which room was his because of the gumball machine in the hall. Bob introduced me and many others to the great hobby of marble collecting. He will be greatly missed.

- Mark Hegstrom

post-2462-125892396058_thumb.jpg

Bob was one of the gentlest and most gracious of marble hosts through the years. I got to know him early on through his son-in-law and my marble mentor Russell Coppel(He of certain legendary marble reputation as well). It always made a marble visit to the Twin Cities an extra pleasure knowing that the Vayders were responsible for the marble goings-on. A good man. David Chamberlain

I regret that I've never made it to the Amana show... And, only a very few close to the mid-west. So, I don't know Bob... But, I do have a sharp knowledge of what it's like to lose a good "Marble Friend."

My deepest condolences to all of you who were friends to Bob....

It's always hard to loose someone. My heart felt condolences to Bob's family and friends. Hold fast to the truth and know that his battle is over and he is at peace with friends and family that went before him. God bless and strengthen you in this time of loss.

Bob will be missed a lot , seams Jan and I had rooms next to Bob and Dorthy a lot , always checked out his marbles , I have one I will never sell as there was a lot about this foot ball he had till I bought it from Bob ,

Jan and I give our condolences to His Family . Mike

BobVayderfootball.jpg