Ok How About This One?

zaboo

Al made a good observation that the one we had picked for the xmas marble would be confused with a jabo, so how about this one gang? kinda covers some of the suggestions.... lavender '9', single ground pontil 2 color on clear, semi-butterfly... and it's mint too.

xmas2009.jpg

maker scott???

German just as DanS said but you know that! Circa 1840 to 1860 Specially Love these mibs! Hey Bill, you got the best looking one i've seen, yes you romanoak! if you ever sell it please give me first dibs! Please if reading show us a bunch of pics, you know the one! Teal blue base with eggyolk & oxblood!

well, yeah I knew german,(lol) but since you have studied so much about this type Scott, I was hoping you had nailed down an area? And I know how long you have investigated the old germans, and extensively!

Area probably Lausha. Maker I have my suspisions that all these types were by Rolf Greiner. He, I would call the father of modern marbles. He started making marbles as manufacture. He also knew enough and experimented enough to make all his colors. The oxbloods, egg yolk yellow and a few other colors during this time period. Some colors esp oxblood wasnt used again until 50 yrs later when MFC started their manufacture. Most have the faceted pontil. His descendants are still making marbles.