Galen Was Right!

zaboo

Check this out! Love the info. Galen was right... about rubber balls, or 'house balls'. We were wondering if they say they are made with 'safe paint' knowing how toxic it actually was, what did they use before that?! anyway, also thought it interesting that you could get a net bag way back then, full of slags! Does anyone have one that old? this is out of a catalog from. Charles Williams Store, NY. WE figure by the items pictured in the full ad, time frame is approx. 1890 to 1910. Although the rubber balls here are much bigger than the one Tom has, it only goes to reason, that if they made big ones, they would also make small ones. just thought we'd share.

OLDMAGAD.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I think I do have a bag like that, Dani... If I'm right, they are clays.... The shape of the bag is right.

I REALLY need to get my collection more accessible!!! (Working on it...) If I get a chance to look for them, I will....

Hello, Wow, That advertisement shows a ball that looks alot like this one from my Grandfathers house ( same place my marbles came from). I can't

really tell what it was made from but it's hard (now), hollow, And it has something in it to make it rattle. My Aunt told me that the indentation

on the side came from showing it to me when I was a kid.. LOL Oh it's approx. 3&1/2 inches diameter.

post-325-126428948242_thumb.jpg

Hello, Wow, That advertisement shows a ball that looks alot like this one from my Grandfathers house ( same place my marbles came from). I can't

really tell what it was made from but it's hard (now), hollow, And it has something in it to make it rattle. My Aunt told me that the indentation

on the side came from showing it to me when I was a kid.. LOL Oh it's approx. 3&1/2 inches diameter.

Hi from the "dent" and the base color (plus history) ball looks like it could be celluloid, is it very light? IMHO