No More "the_Antique_Genie"

Well, "Hi Gene!" I'm assuming that's your real name. I've always found it easiest to use my own name when I'm saying anything otherwise I get confused myself and Gawd knows what it does to other people. It's always easier to stand by what you've said if you've actually said it! David

Well said David... I will be "Gene" forever, and I truly hate the name... Actually "Eugene" and that's even worse... I will keep "Gene" as my signature really just wanted to let the "Gang" know I made a change...party-243.gif

Well said David... I will be "Gene" forever, and I truly hate the name... Actually "Eugene" and that's even worse... I will keep "Gene" as my signature really just wanted to let the "Gang" know I made a change...party-243.gif

Eugene ain't so bad. Jerry Clower used to tell about Newgene Ledbetter: " Newgene Ledbetter was the meanest youngin that's ever been in Amite County, Mississippi. He holds the record to this day...." Jerry Clower, rest his soul, was a great old time comedian.

Be happy, at least your name ain't Delbert.

Oh Lord, David. Perish the thought.... On John Boy and Billie's Big Show on radio, there's a character named Delbert "born ingnert and been backslidin' ever since." ;-)

'Course then there's Delbert McClinton, the great blues singer/songwriter. Maybe I fall somewhere in between.

I know from Delbert McClinton and Don Imus and what's-his-name in TX who ran for President. Name evades me at the moment. Don's friend! Watching Ray Price, Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson last night in "Last of the Breed." Damn inspirational. Have to say though that my guitar enthusiasm leans more towards Jimmy Page, Jack White, Jerry and such. David

I know from Delbert McClinton and Don Imus and what's-his-name in TX who ran for President. Name evades me at the moment. Don's friend! Watching Ray Price, Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson last night in "Last of the Breed." Damn inspirational. Have to say though that my guitar enthusiasm leans more towards Jimmy Page, Jack White, Jerry and such. David

Yep, Our family doctor and my daughter were discussing Led Zeppelin and referred to Page as " the world's greatest guitar player". I agreed but added the qualifier "living". He's great, but in their day, I liked Hendrix and Dwayne Allman more. They're both gone, so Page has it in that genre. In the country genre, it has to be Buddy Miller for my money.

I agreed but added the qualifier "living".

Hey... WHOA!!!

Don't foget Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton (even though he's gone soft...)

As long as you're going younger to Jack white, don't forget Johnny Marr and Tom Morello!!