Akro Box - Izzit For Real?

Steph

Wow. What a gutsy thing to do.

I'd almost be afraid to do that. Scott B. has been threatening to people here at this board. And according to him he has hurt at least one person in a very bad way.

Srestep, that was brave of you. Very commendable. Thank you. But do be careful.

Wow. What a gutsy thing to do.

I'd almost be afraid to do that. Scott B. has been threatening to people here at this board. And according to him he has hurt at least one person in a very bad way.

Srestep, that was brave of you. Very commendable. Thank you. But do be careful.

It's probably pretty easy to carry off the bad guy act online. Anybody can brag about how he's tough as a two-dollar T-bone, but that doesn't make it so. In my experience, guys who make threats have done all they're going to do when they're finished talking.

Classy move by the seller. That was the manly thing to do.

Good evening,

First of all "thank you" to the classy members who informed me that I purchased a counterfeit set.

I didn't know that it was a fake. Really thanks. Maybe the next person to buy from this guy will learn first.

As for you who immediately stated "SCAMMER" FRAUD" etc... kiss my marbles.

This seller gives a different state as their address, whatever that might mean.

Here's the auction. I guess linking to it can't count as a spoiler, since everyone seems to think it's already smelly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180472476813

Wrong, my Text in the ad says, that I live in S W ohio. The S is for South the W is for West the ohio is for ohio.

Idiot. You lied, me I just bought a fake.

Wrong, my Text in the ad says, that I live in S W ohio. The S is for South the W is for West the ohio is for ohio.

Idiot. You lied, me I just bought a fake.

By "different state", I meant "not Maine". That is, not the same state as the guy who we knew was making fake boxes.

I noticed the Ohio, and was saying that you didn't seem like you were Pavcraz.

No lie. Sorry for the miscommunication.

Hey srestep09, WELCOME!!! I'm sure we all wish it were under better circumstances... This really sucks...

Please forgive any BS you've been through on our account... As you can see, we fight a pretty constant battle against this sort of thing...

It's a thankless and seemingly never-ending road. Now that ebay has tightened the auction privacy loop, we can't warn people like you, who bid on these things, BEFORE they get taken...

It's tricky to contact a seller and alert them to what they have. Those who do it never know what's gonna come back at them. No matter if the seller is honest or not, they don't want to hear this news. Even those sellers who do the "honorable thing" (Thank you for that!!) are understandably upset... Then, there are the nasty ones!!! :wacko:

From our end, it's really tough to always stay open minded about the sellers. The battle gets weary and sometimes it's hard to stay objective and not be cynical...

I apologize for any of that you may have seen from our community... We really DO appreciate your honesty.

I would like to add my three cents. I emailed the seller through ebay and explained about the box and the conversations in this forum. He replied back quickly and I must say that the seller was very professional and respectful. Most of the time sellers get nasty and mean, not the case with this seller. The seller was open and very understanding. I commend his actions and how he has tried to take care of a situation he had no idea was brewing.

I know many of you had been mistaken in things bought and sold, we have all mde these mistakes through our collecting career.

I think sometimes we jump on the horse and start whipping :deadhorse: before we actually get the whole / true story. This seller has been very up front and honest to what he thought and now that he has had input from many collectors (Professionals?) he has taken the input and taken actions to make thigns right.

I was polit in my email to him and and he/she was very nice in the reply, THANK YOU !

The true source of these types of issues, is the person creating the bogus items. This is were the true contempt should lie.

I feel bad that the seller spent money on this item in hopes to make some profit only to find out he has been had................let's give him some support!!!! :music-rocker-001:

Your Marble Pal - - SNYD

VERY well said, SNYD!!!

In the past, many times, I've posted requests for collectors who contact these sellers to BE POLITE!!!! As new people come in, it needs to be repeated...

And....... We also need to do so in our threads....

When we see this auction crap over and OVER, it does get really old, really fast!!!

It's hard not to take a jab at them....

But... We CANNOT forget that for some of the sellers, it's all brand new...

Even when dealing with a known skank, staying above their level will always give you an edge.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all!

I haven't been here in ages...

I didn't see the first listing....only the one that credited Marble Connection. I ended up buying them from srestep09 (delivered very quickly and packed very well). At any rate the marbles are great! There are 7 popeyes, 2 oxblood patches, 2 Aces, along with the others. All most all of them are mint with only a couple with small fleabites and minor surface abrasions.

Is it only a Superman if it is a corkscrew? The 7/8 with Superman colors is a patch. The redish ones confuse me...I don't know what they are and I don't think I've ever seen any like them before.

Zaboo, I really am not interested in the pouch and I'd be happy to give it to you :P Actually, at least everyone can be assured that this counterfeit box/bag will never surface on the market again (unless Zaboo turns around and resells the pouch).

However, the most valuable part of the auction was it reminded me how I'd been negligent in allowing myself the luxury of stopping in here and seeing all of you and your wonderful marbles!!

Suzie