Archie Knows Marbles!

I was taking some photos of a group of marbles when Archie's head showed up in the view window. I kept on taking pix as he gentle moved the mibs around until he was happy. Archie is an adopted pound cat who likes to bring us large worms and drop them squirming on the carpet. The other night, he brought a very nasty Black Widow spider in, but I think it was attached to his fur. I had picked him up and was petting him, then put him down and noticed the nasty arachnid crawling on the kitchen floor. Luckily it was cold outside and the bug was crawling pretty slow. It still creeps me out!! Archie's fur is so thick that it would have been unlikely for him to have been bitten, but I was just wearing my robe! I swear, this cat loves water, mud, snow and will crawl under anything and put anything in his mouth! But he is my buddy....

10rpbbq.jpg

m80jg8.jpg

rmmn2a.jpg

bil3bm.jpg

I was amazed that he was so delicate (he had huge paws as a kitten) and was so careful. He did not disturb the other marbles and when he was done, well, he was done.

2qu3nzk.jpg

This was taken about 2 weeks after we adopted him. Check out those whiskers and paws!!Archie has finally grown into his paws, and I will try to get him to pose for a photo---but don't count on it. He is camera shy now, although he loves to watch The Living Planet series with me, especially the elephant-eating lions. I think their roaring really gets his attention. He will watch the entire segment. He's really speacial, and we have had some great cats (pure bred siamese--I mean the real deal). If anyone is interested, I can post some older cat pictures.

he is adorable! post away, i would love to see your pics

Absolutely!!

Thanks so much for the rescue!!!

When I do my Sunday night work at SARL (Salem Animal Rescue League) I have to get the kennel keys out of the "Kitty City" building... I usually try to smooze a little and see who's there for kitties... (I actually volunteered to work with cats, but they really needed someone with the big dogs...) It's just incredible how cool these cats are!! We've had several pure breeds come through... Usually, through owner illness, allergies, death, loss of animal friendly housing, etc...

A few weeks ago, we had a fabulous looking blue eyed siamese come through, with the BIGGEST head I've ever seen on a cat!!! It had to be the size of a small cantalope!!! He had been picked up as a stray and looked to have been through some nasty experiences, but was adopted in a week... I'm sure things are lookin' up for him, now!!! :-)

I am so glad to know that a lot of people really care for shelter and pound cats...I get sick thinking about all that are put down. My wife and I always (even though it is so depressing) stop in at Petsmart to look at their cats for adoption. Beautiful animals....we almost came back with a male Abassinian who was one of the greatest looking cats we've ever seen. His upper eyelids had a v-arch in them and he would just stare at us with that intelligent look....sigh. I will post up some more cat photos soon. Is this forum okay to use for animal stuff?

Maybe it's the litter box stuff he's more interested in than the marbles...

He loves marbles....whenever I have them out, he is there sniffing around. He will pick them up and take off with them. I've had more than a few instances of "misplaced marbles" associated with a mini anxiety attack, and then find the marble under the couch or in the kitchen. I have to really keep an eye one him around my mibs, because I wonder if he hasn't already taken a few outside!

Mr. Batweasel used to like marbles. and buttons.

I would have said so earlier, but it makes me cry to think of it because I didn't let him play with them very much. I wish I had. All day long. :-)

More pix would be lovely. I love pix of kitties.

Mr. Batweasel and two of my present babies, from 10 years ago.

1.jpg

Mr. Batweasel used to like marbles. and buttons.

I would have said so earlier, but it makes me cry to think of it because I didn't let him play with them very much. I wish I had. All day long. :-)

More pix would be lovely. I love pix of kitties.

Mr. Batweasel and two of my present babies, from 10 years ago.

17031_1245744696390_1012582600_30648746_4547101_n.jpg

Steph, I cannot see the photo. What's up with that? I am just really wanting to see the kitties!

These are photos of my two boys, who tragicly went missing about 6 months apart. They were litter mates, and Zoe was supposed to be a female, but the vets assured us when it was time to spay her that it would not work. :P We visiting these guys plus their other brother and one sister right after they were born up until the time we took them home. I had a surgery immediately after bringing them home, so they bounded with me like no other cats we have had. Both were vocal, but Zoe, my gosh, as soon as he hit the cat door coming in, he was howling to let me know he was home and looking for me and his brother. They practically lived on top of me. I really think my heartbeat was what bonded them so tightly to me. Whenever I had to lay down, which was frequently, they would stop doing whatever and lay either on me or tight against me. Both slept with me at night under the blankets and I had to share my pillow with them. It is a wonderful experience to have the trust of great cats like these. I still have moments, usually late at night when I am alone, where I break down just looking at their photos or thinking about them.

11ghahl.jpg

2dac66p.jpg

These are the boys at 1 year of age. The darker seal point is Zoe and the blue point is Hobo. Hobo was born with a bent tailtip, so it was easy naming him. Zoe really was very female is his manners, but he demanded and got the most attention. They were really tight.

Zoe went missing first without a trace and then Hobo about 6 months later. Same scenario. We canvassed the whole area, put out flyers, and a lot of the neighbors helped, but no trace of them. We have our suspectsions that a cat hater in the mobile home park killed them with his pellet gun. We could not prove a thing, so didn't even try, but I swear, if it ever leaks out that he was involved, I will probably end up in prison for assault or worse.

Steph, it is easy to tell that you only keep cats around to abuse them! :D

Those kittens were good looking! Your big boy looked like a real lover boy. What is with his name? And do I see some white patches hidden on his back foot or tail? Wonderful!

Gorgeous boys! I never saw faces like that.

So sweet and so sad.

My two little boys (who are not at all little now) were litter mates. Their mother was siamese. Their father was a white barn cat. We are very close also.

My fluffy boy is Brother. His short hair sibling is Joe. (Big guy was the Batweasel. And he had a white bikini. With a little white bowtie.)

Brother is my soulmate actually. He was a consolation prize of sorts and turned out to be an indescribeable joy.

He has a little white spot under his neck. That's the reason I have him - because my aunt didn't want the cat with the white spot. I chose Joe first, but had decided to take two. So I took that ugly spikey hair kitten with the white spot. And I named him Bad Hair Day. And took that ugly spikey hair cat home. And fell in love.

He's fiercely faithful to me too.

(lol @ ugly, but at the time, I had no idea how he would fill out and all I saw were the spikes. I wanted another sleek cat like the Batweasel used to be but I also wanted the spare kitten for Joe to play with, so there he was)

I used to have an all-black cat back in 1972. He was one of a litter of five. His name was Paul. His siblings were John, George, Ringo, and Julia (John Lennnon's mother). The mother cat was Eleanor Rigby. Ringo turned out to be a girl.

One morning, I came down downstairs to find my cat in the hands of a little boy who I had never seen before. This boy was walking with my cat to a car parked in the driveway. He got in the car with my cat, and away the car went. I never saw Paul again.

Not long after that, some more people came, people who were stopping for the year-in-year-out garage sale event at our place...These people left with the rest of the cats, except for John, who had already had his shots, due to an illness, and was thus grudgingly spared...

...so it goes....

I'd post pictures, but I didn't have a camera back then.

p.s., here's Kedo. He has adopted my husband.

Gray tail and gray spot on his head. And he's feisty.

I like the black tail and stylish black head patch! Unless it is oil from under the car? It is funny how a cat will "adopt" a human. It's really interesting when it is someone who had a history of not liking cats. I think they can sense this.