No Flood!!!

duffy

the ohio river will crest today well below the level they predicted last week....instead of the 37 feet they said it will stop raisin below 28 feet (27.7).....thats great news...i just gotta drive thru a couple inches on my lane...the 37 feet woulda closed the state road and i would been closed off for a coupla days....not countin many of my neighbors who would have flooded basements....only bad thing the county would brought in a roll off dumpster and i coulda got rid of some junk...arggggh....for free....

Gad, the Eastern part of the country is getting slammed this winter! California has had some isolated weather events, but nothing like the rest of the country. Noah's Ark indeed...do you think one could be built from recycled wood pallets? Got to think green! :P

We're getting very close to the rainfall that flooded our house on Mother's Day a few years back... But, they say it's gonna fall just a little short of those numbers...

Sunshine tomorrow!!!! It can reflect off the lake that was once my back yard!!! ;)

ya got that right david....those slips on the high banks usually provide a few arrowheads and other nice artifacts...old bottles crocks etc....back in the day the river was everbodys dump.....on the islands theres prime surface finds but theyre off limits no ...theyre all bird santuaries...game wardens patrol it purty good..on paden city island i found a copper drill from the times of the pharos just to put it in a time frame for ya...if the river recedes fast...very little mud if it stays high for awhile its a muddy mess