Has Anyone Ever Seen One Of These?

fredt

I have one!!! But, I think mine is blue... I'd have to go diggin' to find it...

I'm pretty sure it was empty when I got it, though....

HEY!!! Canned Heat!!! YES!!! The Blind Owl grew up in the next town over from me. Though, he died before I knew it... Big Bear Bob Hite was soooo cool!!! Why didn't they ever release a single by him??? (He's gone now, too...) Maybe they'd have been around longer....

I have one!!! But, I think mine is blue... I'd have to go diggin' to find it...

I'm pretty sure it was empty when I got it, though....

HEY!!! Canned Heat!!! YES!!! The Blind Owl grew up in the next town over from me. Though, he died before I knew it... Big Bear Bob Hite was soooo cool!!! Why didn't they ever release a single by him??? (He's gone now, too...) Maybe they'd have been around longer....

Myself and a couple buddies drove over to Sonora for a Blues Festival (Fire in the Sky?) in 2002. Canned Heat was the headliner to finish the show that night. They bombed. I was bummed, but I did get to see Dave Hole, Walter Trout and a slew of other up and coming rythem & blues bands and workshops. It was a memorable road trip. :cool-smileys-262::cool-smileys-262:

Myself and a couple buddies drove over to Sonora for a Blues Festival (Fire in the Sky?) in 2002. Canned Heat was the headliner to finish the show that night. They bombed. I was bummed

Your post prompted me to look up the band and see what was online about them... I was shocked to see tour dates...

I guess... Since it was originated as a kinda "jam band" they can move on with new people...

But, somehow... Without Alan Wilson and Bob Hite, I just don't see the point in draggin' it out...

Kinda like Little Feat touring without Lowell George....

'Sounds like a fun day though!! ;)

Oh, yeah. Canned Heat was THE blues band among my set in the late 60s. Boogie With Canned Heat and Hallelujah are two of the all time great albums from those days. I read that Bob Hite did some recordings with various New Orleans artists in the '70s but haven't found any copies.

Wondering if anyone has seen/has one of these? The ad claims it's from 1968,curious to know what kind of mibs came in this. Thanks

Seems to me they sold these at the old TG&Y stores here in CA 1969 or 70,, or something very similar, I would have been 7 or 8. I remember shaking the cans in the store.