Disastrous Sunday

Hello Gang,

Sunday evening the wife picked up a virus on the computer... Monday morning to my surprise, I couldn't get on line, my desktop icons would not open up, and I was up the creek with no paddle... It was all because of my Norton 360 had expired and I wasn't aware...

Had to do a Full System Destructive Recovery... I lost everything regarding my marbles 6 years of photos and note pads, everything from what I paid for a mib to a description of it...

Also lost my favorites/bookmarks, don't have links to anywhere anymore...

What I really need is a link to "Marblealan's" original web site... Not the site that is under construction, his earlier site... Can anyone help me out here...computer-22.gifcomputer-18.gifcomputer-17.gifparty-243.gif

And I thank you for the Link as well; it 'tiss a veritable treasure trove. My condolence Gene. Bummer.....big time. David

Hi David,

This old web site of Alan's has been my best reference since I started collecting mibs... rolleyes.gif I have been using it now for about 6 years... It is truly a treasure chest of marbles... I have a lot of it memorized, and truly better than any book you can buy... A big thumbs up for Alan... smile.gif

All I can say is I am sorry your computer went wonky; but what a score for me. I have spent the last three hours at that site. I have learned more in three hours then I did in three weeks pouring over books. Taking a break for dinner and to give my eyes a rest. Will be back at it shortly. The site is amazing. It is as if the scales have fallen off my eyes.

All I can say is I am sorry your computer went wonky; but what a score for me. I have spent the last three hours at that site. I have learned more in three hours then I did in three weeks pouring over books. Taking a break for dinner and to give my eyes a rest. Will be back at it shortly. The site is amazing. It is as if the scales have fallen off my eyes.

What I did several years back is copied and pasted the discriptions of each manufacturer onto a wordpad... So I had one wordpad for Akro, one for Peltier, one for CAC and so on... Each wordpad containing the entire discription Alan had posted... Then if I needed help, I just refered to the wordpads...

However that recovery I had to do wiped me out of everything... I know I should have put them on a CD, but I didn't and now I am regretting it...

Take Care and Thanks to all... smile.gif