Factory Boxed Sets

i'll try to make myself a little clearer when asking about boxed sets. in grists book let's say akro agate companys box of 50 tri color corkscrews. were these boxes available on a daily basis or maybe just special occasions. that's sorta what i was asking before and would like to know about the other companies policies. thanks, jack

To the best of my understanding, that's how Akro (and others) sold them on a regular baais. I think that's how they shipped them to retailers.

Sometimes it would be a counter box, and kids would choose individual marbles from it.

Sometimes dealers would advertise the whole box for sale.

LOL. You tricked me. I still didn't know which question you were asking. :P:)

I didn't say there were a lot of Christensen marbles turned out. Simply that companies regularly sold their marbles in boxes.

There would be a lot of reasons for Chrissie marble boxes not to survive after the Depression, a lot of factors making the box rare and pricey in present day.

Rarity usually spawns the price and The simplest explanation would be the container(box in this case) was almost always disposed of. Marbles went into bags at home and store keepers usually tossed the empties. It went on for quite a while. A wrapper from the original Beatles trading cards is worth more than any of the cards. Nowadays collectors are wise to this so original packaging is much more common. Here is a early 30s catalog to see some of what was available.

post-87-127212173115_thumb.jpg