"the One And Only Cobras And Cyclones Thread"

canaryblueblood.jpgThe people who invest and pay for their marbles have the right to name their marbles whatever they want. The Tribute group has chosed to have new names for 99.9% of their marbles. At our first Tribute run we named 2 a "sort of old name". Marlow Peterson named a marble "bloody bee". I named another "canary blue blood". Canary because the base of the marble is yellow. Blue because there is a blue ribbon and blood because there is an oxblood ribbon. There is no comparison to Akro's bluebloods. Akro laid a blue ribbon and covered it with oxblood for the bluebloods. Here is what our canary blue blood looks like.

Oh well,everybody get back in the boat.If I had a CAC cobra or cyclone I would be glad to post it. :D Maybe I will find a real CAC cyclone or cobra today at the flea market,it's a high class flea market,indoors,running water,etc.Good hunting.Beautiful marbles everyone,thanks for posting.Bo :music-rocker-001:

The right pic was taken by Dani, (thanks Ernie & Dani/zaboo) but the red and black cobra is mine! Brian E told me not a cobra because has too much color on the surface. It really does not fit in any other category though!

Oh yes every type marble made must have a name!!!!! BUT.....

Do Not Name Any New Marbles the same name as a vintage marble!

post-130-127212684267_thumb.jpg

post-130-127212689947_thumb.jpg

Beautiful CAC's! I understand the cobra and cyclone (kinda), but that middle marlbe looks like it has Guinea colors patterns. I do see a kind of swirling in it. I'm trying to stay in the boat, but am probably just hanging on by the gunwales! A simple yes it is a cyclone/cobra will do. Avast that hijacking notion, you swab! I'm trying to steer a straight course.

Hi Ally Opp, only 2 cyclone/cobra's in the first pic. The center one is the best looking clear Guinea i've ever seen! Danny Turner must of liked it also it was on the front cover one of his Running Rabbit catalogs. Also met another marble collector in my area that had a picture of it on his marble business card! LOL! Top right is a clear Cyclone/Guinea color inside, pic doesn't show. The one under that is a amber base Cyclone/Guinea bought from Brian E. many years ago at Vegas IAMC show! Brian said it was the best looking amber base Cyclone/Guinea he'd ever seen!

Well, I was too. ( I was answering the use of vintage names for JABO's) I was trying to tell you that the Tribute group agrees that our marbles should not be named for vintage marbles. I agree with you about the cobras. But..... I don't speak for other groups and I don't have the right to tell them what to name their marbles and i don't think you do either. That's my opinion about the name cobra and I think it matches most of yours. I posted the pic of the canary blue blood because I thought if I did not, one of you would say, "But you named one with a vintage name." So I showed a pic and why I named it that to avoid an accusation. I did not intend to hijack the thread. Sorry! Edna By the way, if I post a JABO marble and you post a CAC in my thread to show something you want to clarify - post it. My main reason for being here is to learn.

I've taken a break from Texas Marble Show work. I've had time to look at posts that are on down the page. When I found the other thread about Cyclones and cobras I read it. LOL! No wonder you guys were upset that i posted my remarks on the new thread. That's something else we need to keep in mind. Not everybody reads every thread. I know what the CAC cobras look like and If I don't have unlimited time, that's something I skip. Not because I don't like them, or disrespect them, etc., but because I don't own any and I'm not buying any.

David, i only have two! For only having one, that's one hell of a ONE to have!!!

Edna, first off think i read that you are or were a Teacher, to me that is the most admirable profession, also the one most capable of shaping the future! Also will add it's the only profession capable of taking marbles away from those little bastards that chipped them!

Opinions, you know what everybody says about that, but indeed everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

Mine is why name a new marble after an old one...unless of course you're trying to deceive people and make money? Aren't the people who made these marbles creative enough to come up with a new name? They are indeed beautiful marbles, can't they stand on their own and get a new name, so as not to deceive people?

All Jabo marbles were created for the collector market, none were created for children's play toys. They are indeed a forced collectable. None will ever be played with or thrown away. Last in my honest but not always so humble opinion Jabo has created the need to now name all marbles! Hope this doesn't blow up to be the wrong thread, not what i want! It's about CAC marbles right?

Scott

Thanks Scott.

Sometimes its easier to capture these in pics than in hand, in hand ya have to roll it around to fully appreciate - thats best of 26 pics.

( I always take about that many to pull 6 though)

heads up

[(strangly these are marbles that can get lost in the mix) in a large group pic there are sides to this marble that could easily be mistaken for a cat or never noticed]

I knew there were a couple of threads. round about confusion. decided forward was clearest.

I like original names also, why they do it? matters not to me, results the same.

pisses off my buddies, and other folk. Its enough reason for me not too.

david

cobra 011.JPG

Beautiful CAC's! I understand the cobra and cyclone (kinda), but that middle marlbe looks like it has Guinea colors patterns. I do see a kind of swirling in it. I'm trying to stay in the boat, but am probably just hanging on by the gunwales! A simple yes it is a cyclone/cobra will do. Avast that hijacking notion, you swab! I'm trying to steer a straight course.

The middle mib in my pic is in fact a

Guinea w/ a transparent red base.

I put it with the other HTF CAC's

Not sure if that was the answer to your

question. Or marblemans. :blink:

I just like telling everyone I have a

Red Guinea anyway.LOL :cool-smileys-262:

marbmemiser

canaryblueblood.jpgThe people who invest and pay for their marbles have the right to name their marbles whatever they want. The Tribute group has chosed to have new names for 99.9% of their marbles. At our first Tribute run we named 2 a "sort of old name". Marlow Peterson named a marble "bloody bee". I named another "canary blue blood". Canary because the base of the marble is yellow. Blue because there is a blue ribbon and blood because there is an oxblood ribbon. There is no comparison to Akro's bluebloods. Akro laid a blue ribbon and covered it with oxblood for the bluebloods. Here is what our canary blue blood looks like.

Great looking Jabos.

They really deserve a name of their own.

Good choice.

marblemiser