Jiggs Comic?

Steph

Anyone notice this comment at Marbleforum.org?

On the Pelt Comics page, someone asked about a Jiggs comic marble.

I recently acquired on a local auction, a marble which appears to be a Peltier with a comic figure of Jiggs. It was among four other Peltier marbles with the standard characters: Ko Ko, Andy Gump, Skeezix, and Moon. Does anyone know anything about this Jiggs marble?

Jiggs was an old strip character.

Is Jiggs on the Marble King repros?

Any indication as to size?

I quoted the whole commment. Perty much all they said was it looked like a Pelt . . . and it came with some other comics.

edit: oops, I didn't see yours when I posted yesterday Dan. Mystery was already solved then and I didn't know it. Thanks.

I was thinking Bennett but I couldn't remember his name. Most of his were right around 3/4". Just didn't recall the characters it was so long ago that I bought a couple boxes from him. I can remember though calling him and his wife in the background saying yes about the boxes being available. I believe he has died. If anyone knows to the contrary please resurrect the poor man! Unfortunately I do not have the boxes anymore. David

Found the answer I think. I found an old print out of a Guernsey comic box that kstump was showing on his website back in 2000. My print out is dated Feb. 15, 2001.

It's a cool gold box with 12 picture marbles - Jiggs, Maggie, a clown, swans, duck, a cavalier, Santa Claus, Pinkie, a Currier & Ives blue scenic, a monkey, a Russian dude, and a really cool "Cambridge Glass - Est. 1901" script marble.

I remember a Kevin Stump from the old forums. Same guy?

Anyways, he valued the marbles and box at $30.00