Need Some Help On Opaques

glangley

What are the tell tale signs, if any, that are used to identify opaques from the various marble companies. Were their companies that did not make opaques? If opaques can not be id'd down to the maker, can some companies be ruled out by size or color? Thanks in advance.

Handmade, machine made opaque solid color marbles. Although some have swirls in the glass, it's the same color just a different shade in the swirls. Maybe I should have asked, "Whats the first thing you look for when someone hands you an old solid color marble?" then followed that up with, "Whats the second?"

Handmade, machine made opaque solid color marbles. Although some have swirls in the glass, it's the same color just a different shade in the swirls. Maybe I should have asked, "Whats the first thing you look for when someone hands you an old solid color marble?" then followed that up with, "Whats the second?"

The first thing I do is look to see if it is a handmade or machine made. That takes just a second. Then I look at the glass colors. Then I look at pattern.

Good question. I have these and they measure in at 11/16" and all of the white ones glow. As you can see three of the white ones are on the pinkish side and the other three are more of a off white. The whole group came together several years ago. I have had thousands of opaques and none of them have been in this odd size, so these have me on the fence as well. I thought maybe Akro Agate. Your thoughts please. Thanks...

post-1130-12871873615_thumb.jpg