Bakelite Marbles

SNYD

I'm pretty sure they're machine made. I really think they were meant to be buttons that never got drilled. Do yours have sort of a Tiger's Eye sheen? What colors did you get? They're kinda neat but I don't think they have ever gone anywhere in terms of marble collector esteem. Definitely a cut above wooden marbles though! I would suppose they're made by some molded process. David

I'm pretty sure they're machine made. I really think they were meant to be buttons that never got drilled. Do yours have sort of a Tiger's Eye sheen? What colors did you get? They're kinda neat but I don't think they have ever gone anywhere in terms of marble collector esteem. Definitely a cut above wooden marbles though! I would suppose they're made by some molded process. David

They look more like swirls, base color then a nother color just wispy around the whole thing. I am going to try to get pics.

SNYD

They would be pretty smooth anyway, they're a plastic. Hard to imagine handwork in a material of this nature. Be interesting to know what game they might have been used in. Although I said they were a cut above wooden marbles I'd put their value quite a few cuts above wooden marbles. They're seldom seen and they are rather neat; it's still hard to credit them as marbles in the full sense of the word. David

Galen, what kind of game were those marbles used in? I have an old marble game that shoots a marble up a ramp and upside down and they drop into buckets.

Glass marbles are a little heavy for this game, I always wondered if it came with wooden or some other kind of marble.