Want To Introduce Myself

Just wanted to introduce myself. My interest in marbles is very new, and all because of a long fascination with beautiful colored glass.

In January I bought a jar of marbles at an antique expo, with the plan to cull out the plain colored glass marbles and get rid of the rest. Well, needless to say, that didn’t work. A few of the marbles caught my eye, I began to do some research online, and the rest is history. For every tidbit I learn I’m amazed by how little I know. One of these days I’ll post some pictures, but for the moment I’m reading old posts and trying to absorb some of the knowledge on this forum. I’m already planning to go to my first show in July and am looking forward to all that I hope to learn.

I am in the Seattle/Tacoma area and heard about the show from a guy my brother met at a recent toy show. My goal is to absorb as much as I can before then so I can make some sense out of what I see, hear, and learn at the show. As far as I know none of the marbles I have are particularly valuable, but there are definitely some that make my mouth water.

Zaboo, I just noticed that you're in the area too. One of these days I'd love to meet some other collectors. All I get from friends and family are the jokes about having found/lost my marbles. That gets old REALLY fast.

We would love to meet you, and help any way we can!!

Hubby and I are 2 of the founders of the IAMC, which does the seattle show.

Some weekend, when you have time, we could get-together and talk marbles!

Just give a yell!!

Dani

Also, don't plan on just going to the show on Saturday. The best way to learn, and have a lot of fun, is to come a day or two before at the hotel and get involved with the "in room trafing" part of the event. Collectors leave their doors open when they want visitors and you can go from room to room asking questions, getting ID's, looking at great marbles, buying, selling and trading or just good old visiting with a great bunch of people. Look forward to meeting you.