Small Donation Needed If Possible

I was asked to do a Career day at an Elementary School and I want to give to the kids that come to my table a small bag of marbles, say 5 or 6 in each bag. The principal said it was ok and considers my table to be art. I plan on showing the kids how a marble is made (without my torch - too dangerous) by showing pictures and marbles made during the process.

Here's the thing, i gave most all of my marbles for kids away at Christmas time for Toys For Tots and I an out of "giveaways." I have only about 100, so 20 bags. There will be 3 sessions with 60 to 80 kids per session so I need a lot more marbles.

So, here comes the begging. If you want to, send me some kids marbles that you have hanging around so I can bag them up for the kids.

If you are interested in sending my kids marbles for the Career day, PM me for my address.

Thanks

Rich

Thank you Galen and Lee - I put our marbles I have gotten so far for the Career day into a big plastic container - now I'll get 600 bags to put them in for the 20th.

I can't tell you how happy I am and the kids will be after they get their little bags of marbles at the event.

Thanks again

Rich

post-2583-130497351896_thumb.jpg

Toooooo cooooolllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to go get 600 bags tomorrow and start stuffing them!

There will be that many elementary school students passing by my table. The teacher stays with them so they won't be wondering off. It'd a pretty organized affair too!

ok, all is set for Friday's event at the school. I have the marbles bagged and sorted by teacher's name with the class count (I am bringing extras in case the computer count is off). I have my demonstration board, my computer where the kids can see my marble making video, a big display case of completed marbles, a paper with marble games and a paper for them to color a marble of their own choice. I'll bring a torch only, no gas or kiln just so they can see it.

5 1/2 hours of......................

TOTAL happiness and joy was the order of the day today at the Career day with the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders.

You can't imagine what it was like looking into these young faces and expectant eyes and seeing the excitement of marbles in them.

Today was one I'll remember for a lifetime.

So many interesting questions and joy in these kids.

Thanks again to Galen, Lee, Bruce, Matthew and Martha that helped me bring happiness to all the 600 kids that attended my talk.

Nice rich! Now you can understand totally (i know you already do.lol) how much fun we have passing marbles out to kids in Vegas, and having a big grab box at the front table in Seattle for kids to just help themselves. It's always fun to watch them with their complete amazement that they get to pick any marbles for free! bTW, I will have more for you soon! Many more! Coming to the seattle show?? we can weigh you down with them!

Hey Rich, did you already melt that big ol' bucket of old mibs I gave you at the Texas marble show a while back? I happen to have another just like it if you ever need them again. Sorry I didn't see this in time this time.

My wife and I are going on an 8 week trip, driving from southern California to Maine so I have to save my money so no Seattle show I am afraid.

Matt - I saved those marbles for the kids at Christmas (Toys for Tots) where my wife and I prepared 72 bags of marbles for the donation so the Fire department could spread the joy on Christmas to the needy families.

Later this year, I'll be asking for donations for the 2011 Christmas drive for Toys for Tots too! (hint, hint...lol)

During the year, I collect newer marbles (clearies, cateyes, game marbles, etc) for the Christmas season but I can't get enough by myself for the kids so I'll be asking you guys to help.