Egg Yoke?

I found this marble in a shop. Loved it and the color. Didn't cost much, maybe $3.- bucks or less. Again, the color is wonderful and it has this faint clear streak thru it that at first glance makes you think there is a crack in it, but it's not. Just wondered if anyone has seen one just like it and has any info on it. I sorta new to collecting marbles. thx

post-3081-130618892543_thumb.jpg

"Egg yolk" for marble collectors seems to be as much about who made the marble as about the color. There are lots of marbles with yellow but only a few types which are labeled as egg yolk.

Here's an example of an Akro egg yolk oxblood.

gallery_279_159_3368.jpg

Here is an older handmade marble with egg yolk.

gallery_279_159_3028.jpg

Both of these pix came from Morphy auctions.

The original marble pictured, if it is in the range of 5/8 inch diameter, would be a basic game marble made by several companies for games like Chinese Checkers. A lot of them do have cool patterns even though they are supposed to be a basic one color, usually opaque, marble. Many are not opaque, especially ones from Vitro, but they are still game marbles. Here's a pic of some odd Vitro game marbles.

post-60-130677689504_thumb.jpg

You know how on the rare occasion you'll break open a fresh egg and it will be slightly bloody, well the left side of this marble exhibits that. I think it was a fertilized marble! Anyway, that red sheen on the side definitely gives it a sunshine appearance so I can see why this fellow especially likes the marble even if it turns out to just be a game marble. I have some chinese checker marbles in the box that have a row of marbles that are absolutely outrageous....it can happen when all they're aiming for is a simple, one color marble distinguished from the other colors. David