Care Full With Ebay Auction **set!! 0 Thru 9 Big Sulfide Marbles!!**

Hi mike,

what does 'careful with ebay auction' mean?

These could be davis.., but I also got several emails sighting them as Italian, 1960's. How big is yours? is it signed?

I posted this on a glass addiction, they said to ask Ray laubs, I did. He didn't know. so, would these be worth more as andy davis? as opposed to an unknown Italian artist? would be nice if someone knew for sure?. But I do have them in the 1970's and newer catagory, so thats safe if Andy Davis. also listed under pre-70's, so fine if 1960's.

one other little fyi, if these are davis, they would have had to be purchased by the owner in 1995, the first year Davis started. because this gentleman didn't buy hardly any marbles after 95-96.

post-24-130782809534_thumb.jpg

post-24-130782815244_thumb.jpg

post-24-130782817044_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike,

what you show is actually a 'nine'(you have it upside down as a six) according to blocks book on sulfides. page 154. and i don't see any differences either. the one I have looks exactly like the one in the book.

what makes you say these are Davis? do you have any provenance? is it signed?

Hansel ya out there buddy? if ya are, would like to hear your thoughts. thanks :-)

Hi Mike,

what you show is actually a 'nine'(you have it upside down as a six) according to blocks book on sulfides. page 154. and i don't see any differences either. the one I have looks exactly like the one in the book.

Hansel ya out there buddy? if ya are, would like to hear your thoughts. thanks :-)

Can't help much on this one, sorry; I've never looked closely at either Andy's number sulphides nor the Italian variety.

But I do have an amusing story.

Some 10 years ago I bought a large 'antique' bird sulphide on ebay. The seller had described the marble as having a couple flea bites under the figure.

Sure enough, there were a couple fleabites - larger than flea bites actually - which spelled "AD"!

Hi Mike,

Andy phoned asking me to tell y'all he did not make these marbles.

I've bought marbles from Andy for the past 15 years. He's now 85 and still going strong.

So much for my "short term investments".