Some Of My Sweetest Catseye's, I Think???

ter215

these are some of my best catseye mibs, well , i think there pretty cool.

the 1st one has something in it? im not gonna say what i think it looks like? but id like to know what it is?.... the 2nd is a blue cat with lutz? it has a streak of gold or copper running from pole to pole? ....3rd is a six vane red,green & yellow cross through. ....4th is a yellow & green cat with a nice chunk of green aventurine on one green blade migrated to the other green blade as well...... was thinking of selling all on the bay soon, just haven't decided yet? let me know what everyone thinks, would love to see any the resemble any of these!!! thanks to everyone that chimes in !!! ......terry

post-3207-0-53976600-1326319412_thumb.jp

post-3207-0-62273300-1326319433_thumb.jp

post-3207-0-03721700-1326319462_thumb.jp

post-3207-0-90640700-1326319476_thumb.jp

post-3207-0-64937100-1326319498_thumb.jp

does anybody have some like these to compare with? i'm not sure what is even here? like that one with the copper or gold streak? was it made that way? any advice would be great !! thanks sooo much !! .........terry

Aventurine is either a contaminate or an overabundance of metal oxides that precipitate metallic crystals. metallic streaks are usually a metal contaminate that fell into the tank. All accidental on these cateyes. It has been done on purpose in recent years at some companies

Most of the green sparkly stuff is probably aventurine and a by-product from the ingredients used in the glass (ie: not intentional). Still looks pretty cool though especially on a sunny day.

The second one with the streak on the surface was likely caused by aluminum or some other soft metal in the batch. There are stories about beer cans etc getting tossed in the furnace and results in that metallic streak.

Here's a huge one with a bit of aventurine beside a smaller one for scale.

103_9074_edited-2.jpg

The first one does belong in the "health" class in high school - LOL! That and the other two talked about above are the oddities you find in cat's-eyes and are cool to collect. Your 3-way cross thru is a regular type run - usually Japanese - but a definitely harder to find type. The values used to be up to $10 for a mint one but more and more have been found as more cat's-eye collectors start so, at shows, you're lucky to get a buck or two. There are a variety of colors in those. Here's a pic of some (not my pic but I have several of those).

post-60-0-48452100-1326495535_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-93106900-1326495557_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-99627500-1326495569_thumb.jpg

thanks everyone, the beer can story is very interesting, thanks lstmmrbls......al , you cracked me up with the health class comment !!!!!! i can't stop laughing ....... wow thanks funny !! lol .... aw god thats just to funny...... thanks for the info. ...... i'llhavethat, is that a peewee cat with aventurine? if not then thats a HUGE cateye !! if its a peewee that is realy a cool mib. LOL'