Rest In Peace Alan Basinet-"marblealan"

cheryl

Rest in Peace Buddy Alan Basinet, 1964-2012. Buddy passed away at 8:30 this morning, March 15, with his parents and with me at his side. As per his wishes there will be no funeral, service or burial...Alan donated his body for scientific research...his parents will receive his ashes in a few months. Please remember him with a donation to Community Hospice, 4266 Sunbeam Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32257, communityhospice.com. I will continue to stay in touch.

Please spread the word to all who knew him...Cheryl.

post-3309-0-09369400-1331894346_thumb.jp

Thank you Cheryl for the updates and all you've done for Alan and his folks. God bless you!

Someday Alan, we will meet..until then, my memories of our chats will be with me. You were a blessing!

Reason, season or lifetime

People always come into your life for a reason, a season and a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, or to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or even spiritually. They may seem like a godsend too you, and they are. They are there for a reason, you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die, Sometimes they just walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season. And like Spring turns to Summer and Summer to Fall, the season eventually ends.

LIFETIME, relationships teach you a lifetime of lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway);, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas in your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant. Thank you for being part of my life.....

© Brian A. "Drew" Chalker

cheryl, sometime could you tell us a bit about Alan's life? Many know him in relation to marbles but he had an interesting life. I live in Louisville, KY and that is where I first ran into Alan through mutual friends. He also lived in California years ago and was a vegan chef for some famous person. That's about all I know. He was the nicest guy.

I lost another nice guy around xmas, my very best friend of over 20 years, he died of an overdose. It's been a tough few months.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/an-interview-with-antique-marble-collector-alan-basinet/

I have never had the wonderful opportunity to meet him, and my only communication was through ebay; but I have some wonderful marbles that will keep him in my memory.

I found this wonderful article that he was interviewed for and wanted to share in memory of all his great work in the marble community.

THanks Alan, I pray for you Cheryl, his parents, and any family and friends who knew and loved him.

May God bless you and grant you peace.

Love, Jill Marie

• Like 1

• 11 years later...