Not What It Seems

Hello Everyone,

I don't want to see a fellow collector bid on trash.

I emailed and got pictures days ago. But the seller didn't show the pictures on the auction or talk about it.

With no returns on the auction. Someone is going to be upset.

Anyway here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111175397276&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Damage

OHMY.JPG

But I guess the other marbles are good. I didn't ask about them.

Anyone know what kind of bead that is to the right of the Lutz???

Just checked out the images on Ebay and I see four beads the three that look like ceramic are most likely glass and I would guess that they are old Japanese beads. Not too sure about the brown swirl bead on the right. I will post this image on a bead forum and see what the people there say. I will keep you informed.

All my best .......... Danny

post-3509-0-43606800-1380382664_thumb.jp

Don't be too upset about any seller on ebay who states "no returns". Ebay policy is in favor of the buyer. You can return anything bought on ebay whether it's stated no returns or not.

I am on a bottle forum and people write about this subject all the time. If your payment is through paypal you will get your money back if not satisfied for any reason. I'm not saying this is a good thing especially for a reputable seller I'm just sharing information. Make it a great day. Paul :)

ok, if the buyer can always get the money back from PayPal, does PayPal guarantee the seller will get the item back? Or eBay for that matter?

If either does not guarantee the seller gets back the item, what is to stop a low-life from just keeping the item after getting the money back?

Who pays for the return of the item - the seller or the buyer/

I don't sell on eBay so if these questions are too simple, just ignore them.

Yes, seller is screwed. Paypal needs tracking. If seller not put tracking there is nothing that seller can do.. In 14 years i have had only 2 packages not show up and seller didntput tracking on it. The other part for paypal is if item isnt as described. In this auction seller trying to plead ingnorance and not tell about damage.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, if the buyer can always get the money back from PayPal, does PayPal guarantee the seller will get the item back? Or eBay for that matter?

If either does not guarantee the seller gets back the item, what is to stop a low-life from just keeping the item after getting the money back?

Who pays for the return of the item - the seller or the buyer/

I don't sell on eBay so if these questions are too simple, just ignore them.

OK

Here is how EBAY and Paypal work

You can select no returns BUT...an ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED kills that right off the bat.

Yes...A thief CAN send you an empty box and if he has not done it before, it can be used to screw you. YOUR history as well as the buyers AND the value of the item will be major factors. I had a guy rip me on a 10.00 item, ebay simply refunded it to me out of their pocket. They could not prove 1 way or another and 10.00 to them was a small fee to keep the peace and not risk upsetting either side.

Return shipping is USUALLY paid by the buyer. If there is gross misrepresentation you can demand the seller pay it as well. If you say you are selling the letter A and you sell the letter B (Simplified) then ebay CAN make you pay the return shipping. They usually will not and you will end up with a feedback hit.

if you screw up, you should pay return as well as refunding initial shipping. Your mistake should not put the buyer out of pocket ANYTHING and ebay recognizes that .

However, most listings offer returns buy buyer pays shipping back.

Mine are set that way as I know buyers remorse or crocodile eyes can cause a seller distress. So, if you buy from me, change your mind, simple message me and mail it back. people who do not offer a hassle free are the people who are trying to make a few bucks and figure that a deal is a deal and those people end up screwed by disgruntle customers.

People tend to want to be treated like they are always right,but rarely wish to treat others that way....I despise that double standard in sales :)

I got a kick out of the irony in the feedback reply

Feedback From/price Date/time iconNeg_16x16.gif item was not as discribed, not happy at all Buyer: Oct-19-13 19:41 iconFdbkCnvrsB_20x20.gif
  • Reply by fishonwithme (Oct-19-13 19:56):
    you cant even spell. must mean you cant even read correctly too! buyers remorse?
Lot of 71 Swirls Vintage, Estate marbles, German??or Latticino, different sizes US $178.00