Slag Surprise

Gnome, that's one sweet marble. Look at that pattern, and the white to oxblood ratio is superb. This same

marble as time progressed went on to be a cherry red slag. The way it is now, if it had been 10 years earlier it

would have been the classic school house brick in color. That's a killer marble and please don't make that

awful mistake of having it buffed or polished as that little bit of haze and patina on it just attests to it's

character. Ronnie

Nice American Cornelian marble.

Red slags (Akro red slags, Cerise agates, etc) were colored with selenium - true 'oxblood' glass as known from MFC and Akro is made from copper - there is no continuum between the two. Copper ruby requires very specific heat treatment to develop the color on a predictable basis.

Nice American Cornelian marble.

Red slags (Akro red slags, Cerise agates, etc) were colored with selenium - true 'oxblood' glass as known from MFC and Akro is made from copper - there is no continuum between the two. Copper ruby requires very specific heat treatment to develop the color on a predictable basis.

I stipulate your technical sumation. I know once I started with a black Ox-Blood and then sat beside it a Ox-Blood with a little more red hue to it and kept doing that process until I ended up with a red slag and about 30 marbles setting on little rubber washers. How do you like my avatar.

It's one of your masterpieces. Ronnie