It Went For Only 1/2 As Much

m!b$

Obviously it takes at least a couple bidders really wanting it to drive up the price but also Alan had a good reputation as a seller and more people kept an eye on what he was listing. Also, as an aside, looks a lot like some of newer run marbles to people not familiar with CA's.

it got to a point where everything Alan sold brought in a premium. I still cant believe what happened to him. Just goes to show you, you can live a healthy live but it just decreases the risk factors. Alan was a vegan most of his life and still went down young and went down in a terrible way.

I remember one time I had a pistol case full of sulphides and various slags. I was trying to sell them in someones room one night at a marble show, you know the gig... everyone walking around at 10pm in some random hotel with a pistol cases trying to sell something so they can buy something. Well, Les came by and looked at my case, he grabbed everything and counted in his head and handed me cash. Les could make money selling anything, he was a great guy, he should have been the owner of that pawn shop on TV. He would have made millions...