Marble Players In Figurines

spara50

Love the marble related figurines. Getting close to 70 now, and they are getting harder to find. These range in age from late 1800's to current. Anyone else collect these?

MIb_Figurines_05sm.jpg

Craig,

Here's one very similar to one of yours, but different. Not as detailed, marbles placed differently, standing boys heads closer together, etc.

Guess these were individually made?

Marbleplayers007_zps3ecd191d.jpg

That's a really nice one. These early porcelain are hard to find.

Lets see some of yours, Scott!

Here's one of mine. Needs some repairs to make it museum quality.

But would that be like replacing the arms on Venus de Milo?

Hansel, mine is very similar, and I think it had the bucket but it is missing, along with part of his thumb. I have talked with a woman that owns this painted one, just a beautiful example, Why some were painted and some not I don't know. Mine also has the anchor mark on the bottom as shown below.

Craig,

Here's one very similar to one of yours, but different. Not as detailed, marbles placed differently, standing boys heads closer together, etc.

Guess these were individually made?

anchor-mark-query-boys-playing-marbles-f

Some info about the mark I have found:

"The mark on your is for the VION & BAURY on there GILLE-type biscuit porcelain. This anchor mark was used by VION for a short time before he took over the GILLE business in 1868 when GILLE died. One of Gille's best modellers, Charles Baury, togther, with another manufacturer August (or Desire) Vion, took over the Gille firm & continued to keep up the Gille-sytle Bisque or Biscuit porcelain to the late 19th;c. The mark on your figure is from 1870-1890."

I am not sure if this is entirely accurate, but its a start.