Ebay Fraudulent Seller

LOL, I just sent him another message telling him he is getting closer to the truth, he revised it removing the words "hand made" minutes after I sent the message.

and of course, I get another nasty email from him saying I am the only one who has contacted him etc. cuss curse foul.... so I replied saying I know of at least 2 others who sent him messages with a partial copy of one of them as proof, he replied instantly with more cuss words and insults so I contacted ebay again and got somebody on the phone and asked them to look at his current listings, I directed them to current good listings of the same type marbles so they could see what a properly listed character marble was, also showing them they are not scarce or vintage and they agree there is a problem, they also reviewed his most recent nasty emails and have now escalated my complaint to a higher level and this time I even got a reference # LOL.

I say.. more people should hit his listings with questions and or comments.

I consider it personal after he insulted me as he has and threatened me with violence.

I never did receive a reply from my March 14 email question to him. I thought that I would send him another one. I got a little more to the point in this one. Here is a copy of what I said. I wish others would also send him letters so that he knows that more than a couple of us are on to him. Its funny, I look at his other listings and don't see anything wrong with them...just his marbles.

Hi again. a while ago, I sent you a question about the fact that your character marbles were not original, but were reproductions. I expressed concern that you may have been ripped off. I never did receive a reply from you. Did you send one? I see that you are still listing the marbles but have changed your description a few times. My question is this. You have been told that these are reproductions and I know that at least one other person has contacted you with that information and yet you still do not say that these are reproductions in your listings. I am concerned that you are asking for a negative feedback if the wrong person bought that marble and found out that he had bought a repro and not a 'collectible' marble. These repros have absolutely no collectible value. I am sorry that you have these marbles and that you yourself may have been ripped off, but maybe you should just eat your loss, delete your listings and thus prevent a possible negative feedback.

I have had the numbers for Ebay including a few back door numbers for years. I know a few employees. I have had in depth conversations with a couple folks in management about how they police for fraudulant listings etc, who they use to verify such etc etc. I stick to my earlier statement that they really don't care about this type of problem,, make it extremely hard to report actual listing issues and if the seller just keeps in the background Ebay does not care and more than likely will not do a thing.

Ebay cares more about potential buyers than they do about sellers so if enough of us, who are sellers, but also potential buyers complain about the fraudulent practices of a certain seller, the more they care. It just takes time and volume. Just like a politition who will pay more attention to a petition than he will to a few individual letters.

lstmmrbls...

I guess you must be talking to the wrong people or the numbers you have are not for the right people, it's not that hard to make a call, I've done it 3 times with this particular issue and every time I got a good response from the person on the other end. maybe it was due to the fact that he responded in a such a nasty manner, I really can't say why I was able to make the call and talk to multiple departments and get results but the fact is... I did it and had not problems doing it so telling people it's extremely hard to do and that they don't care is not right.

I found it's pretty clear that they do care when they get multiple people making the same complaint, I was told by the listing investigator that at least 4 other people sent fraud reports for the items in question, I was told they sent the seller messages regarding the reports and I was told they will act on this latest nasty email he sent, how they will handle it they did not specify but they did say they will do something, I have a reference number for my complaint.

I'm sorry if you disagree or have had a less positive experience with ebay. I have faith in the system and I use it as needed without problems, as I said, this wasn't the first time down this road with ebay.

As I said, this was not my first marble fraud scam settled with the help of ebay...

About 2 years ago there was seller with a couple new contemporary torch made marbles selling them as rare vintage handmades with claims of "genuine German antique" etc., I contacted them and received no response, so I messaged them again with no response.

I called ebay and spoke with them regarding the fraudulent listing and that the buyer would not respond, I explained to them that I knew the maker of the marbles and could get the maker to verify them, they said that would be a great help so I contacted the maker and had them call ebay and verify that they made them, within minutes the listings were gone, ebay pulled them, then a couple days later they were re-listed as contemporary marbles, I sent them a message telling them who the maker was as they did not have a signature, their response was "Thank you! and that they were sold to them as rare old German handmade marbles"

The seller was an antique shop owner who did not know a thing about marbles and was just trying to get his money back for them. ever since then I get an occasional email with marbles to ID for them.

No fraud report other than my phone call, no multiple complaints, just the facts, and it worked.

This must be another ebay because I have no clue why you are claiming it nearly impossible to contact them and get results.

My guess would be over the years I have dealt with fraudulent marble sellers at least 8-10 times and every time found that ebay does care, you just have to talk to the right people in the right manner.

Positive attitude gets positive results, walk in negative and you will walk out unsatisfied. My experience with just about every situation.

I would bet money and give odds that if they had not responded in a nasty way Ebay would not have done a thing. This is just my opinion from my experiences with talking to people at ebay.

I am with you as well Galen.

I know if the seller keeps his mouth shut no action will happen.

It takes THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of reports, month after month, to get ebay to block specific items. I reflect on Frangiapani and the fact that listing ANY item he has "forensically" authenticated by him will get pulled the minute is it reported

Per specific people....lol...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/btime2buysell/m.html?item=251477588674&pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8d3b7ac2&vxp=mtr&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

29 of his listings are a DIRECT violation of ebays rules as well as federal trademark laws

I got no beef with him, but he lists counterfeits every week and he is still there.

I can point out 20 people, doing the same and ebay knows as I know for a FACT several items have been reported over the years ;)

I understand oldmarbles view,feelings and passion behind this, I REALLY DO. I am the guy who gets a bone and will not let go....however, as someone who has tried to help others by doing the right thing and seeing people burned acros a myriad of hobbies, ebay doesn;t care until a lawyer gets in touch with them.

Me and 7 other guys were involved in selling virtual merchandise in 2001. Sony got so pissed that they sued ebay. Ebay started the VERO program and banned all of our accounts. We were selling items we had worked for, but techniccly were sony's intellectual property.

Sony had sent letter after letter, ebay ignored it. Sony sued, ebay stood up and did what was best for ebay

Do not let our pessimistic attitude deter you. keep at it.

I just message the seller and hope he does the right thing.

if I feel he was mislead I help him with IDs and usually give him the marble website link to here and tell them to post images and ask questions......Out of 100-200, hell more, in the last 7 months...I have seen 2 register.

Clyde called me the ebay police and I know he was joking, but it did hurt my feelings. I am not trying to tell someone how to list their item, only that they are incorrect and I would be glad to help them. I never tell them they are wrong and misleading people.....that's just trying to piss someone off...BUT...if it is how you feel a situation needs to be handled, who am I to stand in your way :)

Carry on !

This is the last that I will have to say. I think that oldmarblenut has proven by his actions and the results that he has gotten that ebay does act when a person brings fraudulent activity to their attention. He has proven it by two specific instances that he has told us about, the second one only took one phone call to ebay to get them to contact the seller and have him correct his listing. That is enough proof for me, along with some of the experiences I have seen on utube videos, that ebay does care.