Drake's Cake Mesh Bag

Ric

Here is an uncommon Drake's Cake mesh bag with Alley marbles. I picked it up at the Des Moines Show, which was very active when I visited on Friday. Interestingly, it has a 1/3 marble piece in it along with 15 whole marbles - poor QC I guess.

Ric534_zpscef6bfe8.jpg

Neat item. This is how you can tell the difference between marble collectors and marble bag collectors. I look at the bag and not the marbles. Ric looks at the marbles in the bag. LOL - of course, we do both but the first look is probably as I describe.

Hey Al, How many of these Drake's bags have you seen? Would you say they are uncommon? And you're right, for me it's marbles first. But I LOVE bags - with WV Swirls in them. lol.

I have three of the ones like yours (all with yellow mesh) and all have swirls that are probably Alley. I also have 4 others that are a little larger bag with a different header and they all seem to have Peltiers in them (yellow mesh & blue mesh) (pic below). I have seen pictures of the latter with red mesh. I also have a picture of the header style like yours with maybe Ravenswood in it (pic below). Also a larger bag with header style like yours (pic below). Not that easy to find but someone had a lot of the ones like yours for sale on eBay a few years ago.

post-60-0-78964800-1402336785_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-89507400-1402336837_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-61162200-1402336888_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-96480100-1402336925_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-59181500-1402336980_thumb.jpg

Oh wow, I'm really glad I asked. I like the big shooter swirl in yours. But makes me wonder even more about their QC - 11 + shooter? The others are great, too, bad they have Pelts in them. lol I would like to see the green one up close - it's really nice!