Is It Me? Your Opinion, Please!

kbobam

This is going to be one of my 'Drunk Uncle' (favorite character from 'Saturday Night Live') posts.

And I think we all generally agreed a while back that 'drug stores' are frequently kind of nuts, so I hope this makes sense.

Being one of the lucky people alive today who are able to enjoy all the new high-tech innovations, I recently got not only

a voice mail, but also an e-mail, informing me that my pharmacy order was 'ready' to be picked up.

My 'order' was for three separate medications.

When I got there, I was given only one. And informed that the other two didn't have any 'refills' left, and that my doctor

hadn't yet gotten back to them to give them an 'okay' to refill them.

Am I missing something? As far as I'm concerned, my order wasn't 'ready', and I was really ticked that I went

twenty miles out of my way to pick it up and would have to make another trip to get the rest of it.

I tried to politely explain to the young pharmacist there that I thought there might be a slight 'failure to communicate' flaw

in the 'system', but he just didn't 'get' it at all.

Am I really just a difficult old fart who doesn't understand how 'modern life' works? It's very frustrating sometimes. ( :

Thanks. Knowing that I'm not the only one who thinks something is a little 'off' makes it much easier to deal with. ( :

We'll have to see about the coupon. Still waiting for my case of canned tamales! :lol:

And now you know that if the bottle has no refills left to have them call you if they can not connect with the doctor and when they are filled. POps meds run out a lot with no refills left, I deal with that problem quite often. Luckily they mail them.