English packaged clays

Oh gosh you're getting some nice packaging.

The standard answer on clays is German.  But now that we've gotten a reminder about French billes, I wouldn't try to narrow it down.

(There were American clays also but I doubt they made it to the time of your box.)

6 minutes ago, Steph said:

Oh gosh you're getting some nice packaging.

The standard answer on clays is German.  But now that we've gotten a reminder about French billes, I wouldn't try to narrow it down.

(There were American clays also but I doubt they made it to the time of your box.)

Yes clays seem to have long lived popularity in France, and they're still made in Italy too.

Another reason that these couldn't possibly be from 'The States' is that we're way too
'full of ourselves' to ever let our marbles be put in a box where "colors" is so clearly misspelled!
And of course we're also the only country in the world which isn't 'Foreign'!  :P  rolleye-842.gif  

I also wanted to say that this is a great-looking box and marble combination.
It makes me smile, even though I know nothing about it.  (Might be the early 60's look!)
And of course the marbles could easily go into the 'Good Solids' topic as well.  ( :

4 hours ago, kbobam said:

Another reason that these couldn't possibly be from 'The States' is that we're way too
'full of ourselves' to ever let our marbles be put in a box where "colors" is so clearly misspelled!
And of course we're also the only country in the world which isn't 'Foreign'!  :P  rolleye-842.gif  

:D  -   my guess would be they were the early 60's (maybe late 50's) 'pocket money' toy. Cheap enough for a child buy without too much saving. I'm enjoying these inexpensive sets from the period. I'm guessing this was cheaper than the similar sized French glass marble set I picked up.

4 hours ago, kbobam said:

I also wanted to say that this is a great-looking box and marble combination.
It makes me smile, even though I know nothing about it.  (Might be the early 60's look!)
And of course the marbles could easily go into the 'Good Solids' topic as well.  ( :